Summer vacation, although a welcome relief for students, is ironically a worrying time for parents because they are afraid their children could become addicted to video games during the July-August holiday. The extraordinarily long time that students spend on video games is a danger to not only their health but also their quality of life. In recent years, video games have become one of the most popular forms of entertainment for children and teens worldwide. They have also become a serious form of addiction for many children, a serious worrying factor for not only parents but also health and school authorities. In fact, the World Health Organization recently categorized video game addiction as a mental health disorder. One of the factors that makes video games attractive to children is that they can be played with very few elements, unlike more traditional games. At the same time, they allow children to escape from the difficulties and demands of the real world. One could add to these factors the attraction of establishing social connections, the rewards of continued play, and a carefully developed sense of gradual accomplishment based on well-known principles of psychological reinforcement. Addiction to video games can have serious health… Read full this story
- The Best Video Games for Kids | Digital Trends
- Op-Ed: Voices from the homeless community along Venice Boulevard
- Best Xbox Games For Kids: 17 Picks For Xbox Series X And Xbox One
- 'My huge boobs ruined my life as jealous bullies threatened me – but I love them now'
- I was bitten by a tick and got Lyme disease – it’s ruined my life
- Best Nintendo Switch Games under $50 on Amazon Prime Day | Digital Trends
- Tomodachi Life: The Kotaku Review
- The Best Dragon Quest Games, Ranked | Digital Trends
- Population: One Kingdom Age hands-on preview: Let's do the time warp again
- Astro A50 Review | Gaming Headset | Digital Trends
Home/ Op-Ed ContributorsParents, don't let games ruin your kids' life have 299 words, post on usa.chinadaily.com.cn at February 5, 1807. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.