Several years ago, I belonged to a photography club. New members joined frequently, which allowed members the chance to gain fresh, creative ideas. As you might expect, one of the questions I often heard in first conversations was: “What kind of work do you do?”
One evening, I began chatting with a new attendee at one of our meetings. I was surprised when instead of the usual, “What do you do?”, the person pleasantly said, “So, tell me your story!”
If someone said to you, “Tell me your story!”, would your story brim with enthusiasm–a story written to your liking? Or would it sound like an uneventful routine written by someone else–a tiresome treadmill that leaves you hungry to experience the real you?
If we don’t write our own life stories, someone else will write them for us. If we don’t live from our own values, we might end up living from someone else’s values. If we aren’t busy fulfilling our own goals and dreams, we might be fulfilling someone else’s goals and dreams.
Perhaps you already have an exciting story to tell. If not…
Ask yourself these questions:
What stops me from living my own meaningful story?
If I were to live my ideal story, what would it sound like if I told it?
What emotions would my story ignite?
What would it take for me to start creating that story?
What will be the opening sentence?
Many people begin writing their ideal life story, but then they live in the introduction all their lives. Our life stories need to be enticing page-turners that are hard to put down. We have to get past the introduction and into the exhilarating part where the plot thickens and the suspense builds. Then we can enjoy the mysteries, victories, and adventure.
So what’s your ideal story? The plot will begin in your own imagination–a compelling tale of faith in action that will guide you to a most extraordinary conclusion!
- What’s happening around our area?
- Why even those who do not darken the door of a church all year are still pulled back in by the Christmas story
- Stephen McCoy: a Kegworth survivor's story
- John Fallon: 'Term limits an ideal reason for FAI blood transfusion'
- Charity deluged with offers of homes for pets after Tele story
- What is Andy Murray’s hip problem, and will he retire after loss to Bautista Agut?
- 40 shades of Greenland: What does it take to hike the Arctic Circle Trail?
- Here’s what’s happening in South Yorkshire this half term – February 16-26
- What to eat and drink on the day of your Christmas party to avoid a hangover – from peanut butter t baked beans
- What we learnt about life on benefits in Coventry