Many Self-Proclaimed Sales Consultants and Marketing Gurus will tell you that story telling and business selling often have a lot in common and it is must easier to tell a story than to tell your customer to buy something from you for the following 3 reasons. Indeed there is some validity to this indeed.
And that is all fine and dandy, but so often salesmen, especially stockbrokers, lawyers, used car salesmen and other scum will BS you and the stories they tell are tales of deceit and misrepresentation, falsehoods and misdirection or outright lies. Now then we all know that lawyers lie and used car salesmen will tell you for certain this car did not come from Hurricane Katrina New Orleans Soup Bowl as a Flood Car. Stockbrokers will indeed always tell you this is a hot stock to get a commission, as that is their job right? Well, does that make what they are doing right?
I submit to you that if Sales Professionals and their Trainers tell you that story telling is the best way to sell, they sure as sheet ought to tell you that telling a true story is indeed the proper way to sell. Not making up some bull crap that they purport over and over again to make people buy their products or services or pay those outrageous lawyer fees while they bend you over and over again.
If you are into selling and not telling, then perhaps you can use story telling as a way to propel your selling. Just do me one favor don’t tell the same story twice and only tell real stories. I would really appreciate it. Consider all this in 2006.
- Edited Transcript of DLX earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- How the state runs business in China
- Success Here’s the Inside Story
- 1MDB: The inside story of the world’s biggest financial scandal
- Computers have an unlikely origin story: the 1890 census
- 'I formed the 45 Metre Underground Club': Eurostar stories of sex, celebrity and speed
- EXCLUSIVE: Given up for adoption at two, a grueling Soviet childhood and a violent marriage: The true story of the homeless 'voice of an angel' is revealed as friends and family rejoice over finding the prodigy they feared they had lost forever
- First museum of Latinx history in Washington, opening in Seattle, tells overlooked story
- Edited Transcript of CERN earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Free Agent Nation