Listen to the stories you tell yourself and others. We all tell stories. We repeat stories we’ve heard and told all of our lives. Some may serve our higher purpose but most don’t.Do you hear yourself repeating words you heard your parents or other “authority figures” say? For example,You heard, “Little Johnny was always a slow learner.”and now you say, “I’ve always been a slow learner.”You heard, “We’re not sure Susie will ever find a good man.”and now you say, “I’m not sure I’ll ever find a good man.”You heard, “He’s always sick. He picks up whatever’s going around.”and now you say, “I’m always sick. I pick up whatever’s going around.”You heard, “He’ll never amount to much. He can’t hold a job.”and now you say, “I can’t seem to hold a job no matter what I do.”You may not even be repeating these out loud. Perhaps they just play like a broken record (repeating loop) in your mind. Who decided these stories were true? Who decides if they’re still true?We tell stories that change depending on our mood, who we’re telling, and why we’re telling the story.Have you ever noticed how you tell your mother and your best friend different… Read full this story
- Better story-telling, new directors underpin rise of Chinese domestic films
- Breakingviews - Review: Economics can use some story-telling
- Good Marketing Starts With Good Story Telling
- AirPods Pro vs. Echo Buds: Do you need to spend $250 for true wireless bliss?
- The Lady Behind Bollywood's BEAUTIFUL STORIES
- The story of Diwali: Rama, Sita and Lakshmana return to Ayodhya
- Miley Cyrus 'couldn't be true to herself' around Liam Hemsworth and was tired of 'holding back'... as she moves on with Kaitlynn Carter
- Love And Lust-What Is True Love?
- The Story Of Shabari: An Example Of Selfless True Devotion
- Janamashtami 2019: How Lord Krishna’s Stories Can Help Your Child Become A Better Person
What Stories Are You Telling? Who Decides If They're True? have 346 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 16, 2007. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.