Perhaps the dragon that has had the most influence on Westernized Christian thought is the red dragon that dominates the last book of the New Testament. The author of this book, who simply identified himself as John, had been exiled to the Isle of Patmos, a small Greek island in the Aegean Sea, where he received a brilliant vision in which he was welcomed into the heavens to witness all things which were to come. In the vision he was shown a book with seven sealed portions. He was allowed to see the contents of each sealed portion in turn and then commanded to write what he saw. It is at the very end of the seventh portion that we find the story of the red dragon.The story begins when John sees a beautiful woman in childbirth. This is no ordinary woman; she is clothed in the sun, with the moon under her feet, and wears a crown of twelve stars. As she struggles to give birth, a great red dragon comes into view. He is as terrible as the woman is resplendent, a serpentine creature with seven heads and ten horns, and a crown on each head. With his… Read full this story
- ‘Young and Restless’ star Kristoff St. John died still grieving his son’s loss by suicide
- Deal: PowerColor 8GB Red Dragon Radeon RX 580 for $160 After Rebate
- Ex-Kiss guitarist Mark St. John dies
- The First Short Film Shot on the RED Dragon?
- Airborne Footage from the 6K RED Dragon
- Ryuichi Sakamoto & Taylor Deupree, St John at Hackney, London, February 20, 2014
- Boeing 737 Skids Off Runway Into St Johns River In Florida
- Bridget St John on Kevin Ayers: “He was a lovely, beautiful human being”
- 'Red Cliff' earns John Woo an Asian hero's welcome
- Watch Red Sox Manager John Farrell Fire Back at Heckling Fan: ‘Why Don’t You Shut Your Ass Up?’
The Red Dragon of St. John, The Divine have 321 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 6, 2007. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.