It may be difficult to diagnose ADHD in 4 year-olds. At one point in time every child seems hyperactive, impulsive, cranky, and inattentive. Many professionals won’t do the testing let alone say a child is ADHD.As you watch your child and s/he is “bouncing off the walls”, doesn’t seem to listen, gets cranky, and has difficulty with play, you might be thinking that maybe there is something going on with them. The first place you should turn to is your pediatrician. A complete physical check-up will rule out anything such as an ear infection that can cause ADHD like behaviors.You should become even more concerned if your child’s behavior is significantly disrupting the family, their relationship to peers, and their general functioning.It’s possible to have your child privately evaluated. They can help provide you with ways to help your child and teach them some skills before they enter school.If your child is in pre-school, pre-k or kindergarten, you can request that an early intervention specialist to observe your child in the school setting. The teacher(s) and you will receive advice on how to encourage your child to behave more positively.The treatment of ADHD in 4 year-olds can be a bit… Read full this story
- Locker Room Rape Case: ADHD Defense Called 'Offensive'
- Teen with Down’s syndrome becomes a successful model 15 years after mum was told to ‘put her in an institution’
- Wellbeing: 'After a tumour, I was hit with anxiety'
- Teenage transgender row splits Sweden as dysphoria diagnoses soar by 1,500%
- Mum who says she doesn’t want her daughter with Down’s Syndrome to have kids is slammed by disability charity
- Quaden Bayles's struggle common for Indigenous people with disabilities, royal commission hears
ADHD in 4 Year-Olds and Young Children have 302 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 12, 2009. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.