It can be quite challenging for a 17 year old to find car insurance. Affordable plans are hard to come by-especially for younger drivers. Still, there are ways in which you can find inexpensive policies for your teen. There are also some things your son or daughter can do themselves to decrease the costs.
To begin with, they can drive a sensible vehicle. These days, fast, sports cars are considered to be high risk. Young drivers are better off waiting until their mid-twenties before driving fast cars. For now, make sure your teen is driving a not-so-risky vehicle in order to save a lot of money.
Sometimes, companies will give 17 year olds car insurance at discount prices if they make good grades. If your teen maintains good grades, check to see if this is an option in your area. If so, you could encourage your 17 year old to work hard at school by rewarding him or her with a car.
Try keeping your deductibles high. One way you can do this is by not turning any minor incidents in. Only inform the insurance companies whenever your vehicle is involved in a bad accident. If you keep the deductibles high enough, you can save a lot of money over the next few years.
Do some shopping around. There are comparison charts on the internet. You can also get free quotes online. Some sites even offer multiple quotes at once! See what you can find if you want your 17 year old to have car insurance.
- Drug dealer, 19, who stands accused of murdering girl scout Jodie Chesney dramatically names 17-year-old co-defendant as killer in court
- Suspect, 21, is charged with murdering two 17-year-olds who were stabbed to death at Milton Keynes house party
- 17-year-old arrested after threatening school shooting on Facebook
- Man, 21, appears in court charged with murder after 17-year-old Dom Ansah was knifed in the back and Ben Gillham-Rice in the chest at a house party in Milton Keynes
- Jealous Russian woman, 22, who chopped off her 17-year-old model sister's ear and gouged her eyes out is jailed for 13 years
- Penn State suspends fraternity after a 17-year-old died in an off-campus house
- 17-year-old boy arrested for allegedly making mass murder threats on popular gaming app
- Families pay tribute to 'cheeky' son with 'big dreams' and 'gentle giant' with 'loving' nature after 'masked mob killed 17-year-old pair in targeted attack' at Milton Keynes house party
- Florida woman, 40, is arrested after 'giving birth to twins conceived by 17-year-old boy she was sexually assaulting for years'
- Car Insurance prices have dramatically fallen - this region has the cheapest premiums