CAIRO – Al-Qaida’s deputy leader on Monday seized upon President Barack Obama’s failure to bring about a freeze in Israeli settlement construction in the West Bank and called him a “fraud” in a new audio message. Ayman al-Zawahri’s 28-minute audio message was mainly a eulogy for slain Pakistani Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud, but he also took the opportunity to slam NATO member states operating in Afghanistan, including Germany, which he criticized for keeping troops there. The recording comes after a series of al-Qaida videos this past month, including several attacking Germany and threatening strikes against Berlin’s military mission in Afghanistan. Those releases raised concerns among German authorities ahead of parliamentary elections which ended Sunday. Al-Zawahri reserved special scorn for Obama, whom he has insulted in nearly every one of his messages since the latter’s historic election as U.S. president. Many experts believe that Al-Qaida is struggling in the face of Obama’s popularity in the Muslim world, especially compared to his predecessor George W. Bush. Obama publicly called for an Israeli freeze in settlement construction in order to restart the peace talks, but was rebuffed by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last week. “Here is Obama, the fraud, who pretended to… Read full this story
- 'Homegrown insurgency': General McChrystal compares MAGA rioters to Al-Qaeda - saying they also followed a 'powerful leader' - and claims that 'Stop the Steal' is a rallying cry like the Lost Cause was after the Civil War
- US Warns Iran Fueling Potential al-Qaida Resurgence
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden takes office, calls for end to 'uncivil war'
- 100 Monumental Moments From TV History
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Electoral College cements Biden’s win as nation’s 46th president
- Capitol Mob Included Texas Police Officers, A Sheriff’s Lieutenant And A Retired Air Force Colonel
- US Capitol rioters included highly trained ex-military and cops
- Highway to Hell: A Trip Down Afghanistan’s Deadliest Road
- 'Great work from the president on his way out': Snoop Dogg praises Trump's pardon of his pal Death Row Records co-founder Michael 'Harry O' Harris after the rapper secretly campaigned for his release
- Simpsons Writer Hopes Episode 'Predicting' Havoc at Biden Inauguration Won't Come True
Al-Qaida No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, calls Obama a 'fraud' and a 'criminal' in latest audio rant have 360 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 28, 2009. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.