Flame-throwing Republican Carl Paladino erupted again, declaring Sunday that being gay is “not the example that we should be showing our children.” “I don’t want [children] brainwashed into thinking homosexuality is an equally valid and successful option – it isn’t,” Paladino said to applause at a meeting with Hasidic Jewish leaders in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. In a version of the speech distributed by a rabbi, the rant went further, charging there is “nothing to be proud of in being a dysfunctional homosexual.” Paladino, who’s running for governor, winced as he got to this section of the text, and he never spoke the line. His campaign later said it had days of discussions with Orthodox leaders about what Paladino would say, and the text distributed to some reporters was not produced by the campaign. He cast himself as the “religious values candidate” and vowed to veto any gay marriage bill if he’s elected governor. The Tea Party darling drew a distinction between himself and Democratic rival Andrew Cuomo, saying he boycotted the Gay Pride parade while Cuomo marched in it. “That’s not the example that we should be showing our children,” he said. Paladino, who also spoke at a Borough Park synagogue,… Read full this story
- 'You cannot make this stuff up': Andrew Cuomo rips Carl Paladino's rants as dangerous
- Governor's race between Andrew Cuomo, Carl Paladino will be remembered for hitting new low
- Andrew Cuomo beats Carl Paladino to win New York governor's race
- Ann Coulter defends Tea Party favorite Carl Paladino's anti-gay remarks to Bill O'Reilly on Fox News
- Andrew Cuomo, Carl Paladino and zany band of gubernatorial candidates trade barbs in debate
- 'Crazy Carl' Paladino blames furor over his anti-gay remarks on rival for governor Andrew Cuomo
- Carl Paladino has game plan to hit Andrew Cuomo on gay marriage, says he's a hypocrite
- Carl Paladino: Andrew Cuomo has no 'cojones', is riding 'daddy's coattails'
- Tea Party hero Carl Paladino blasts Democratic rival for NY governor Andrew Cuomo as 'arrogant'
Carl Paladino accused of 'stunning homophobia' after anti-gay rant at meeting with Jewish leaders have 326 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 10, 2010. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.