BALLSTON LAKE, N.Y. – Andrew Cuomo on Saturday openly mocked GOP opponent Carl Paladino and urged New Yorkers to reject what he said are attempts to prey on their fears and anger. Without mentioning Paladino by name, Cuomo in the waning days of the gubernatorial race suggested his Buffalo flame-throwing foe tanked his own campaign with his bombastic behavior. “You cannot make this stuff up,” he quipped during a rally before 200 supporters in upstate Saratoga County. “My campaign, I just let them talk.” But then becoming more serious and fiery, Cuomo accused Paladino of trying to divide the state along geographic, racial, sexual preference and gender lines. He cited Paladino’s verbal attacks during the campaign on illegal immigrants and gays, in particular, as efforts to “pit one against the other.” “The political calculus was this is a time when people were nervous and people were anxious … and they were going to prey on that fear, and they were going to prey on that anger.” A new Marist College poll released yesterday shows Cuomo going into Election Day on Tuesday ahead by a 56% to 37% margin. Paladino, whose slogan is “I’m mad as hell,” has vehemently denied being… Read full this story
- Trump makes extraordinary claim Gov. Cuomo is exaggerating NY's need for ventilators in wild Hannity interview as the nation's coronavirus epicenter tops 37,000 cases and hospitals verge on the edge of collapse
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco tops 500 cases, including another Laguna Honda nursing home resident
- Coronavirus live updates: Golden Gate Park turns 150 with muted celebration
- Coronavirus live updates: Pink tests positive, then negative for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: 300,000 cases in U.S.
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump blasts naval captain who wrote letter from virus-stricken ship
- Coronavirus live updates: Stanford antibody test close to FDA approval, Newsom says
- Coronavirus live updates: Italy reports first decrease in ICU patients with COVID-19
- The Hill's 12:30 Report: Democrats delay convention over coronavirus
- 'We're in disaster mode': Courage inside a Brooklyn hospital confronting coronavirus
'You cannot make this stuff up': Andrew Cuomo rips Carl Paladino's rants as dangerous have 324 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 30, 2010. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.