As concern about online privacy grows, Mozilla is promising to let people cloak internet activity in free Firefox Web browsing software being released early next year. “Technology that supports something like a ‘Do Not Track’ button is needed and we will deliver in the first part of next year,” Mozilla chief executive Gary Kovacs said while providing a glimpse at Firefox 4 at the Mozilla’s headquarters in Mountain View, California. “The user needs to be in control,” he added. There is a disturbing imbalance between what websites need to know about visitors to personalise advertisements or services and the amount of data collected, according to Kovacs. “It is not that ads are bad,” he said. “It is what they do with my tracked behavior. “Where I go on the internet is how I live my life; that is a lot of data to hold just for someone to serve me ads.” Microsoft this month unveiled increased privacy options for the upcoming version of its popular Web browser Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) including a feature “to help keep third-party websites from tracking your Web behavior.” Microsoft said “Tracking Protection” will be built into a test version of IE9 being released early…
- Google should face an antitrust probe in the UK after Brexit over new privacy software that will 'give it a monopoly over online advertising'
- 'NCIS' Season 18 Release Date: When It Starts and How to Watch Online
- The changing face of India’s online music shows
- Black Friday sees record online as US shoppers stay home
- Cyclone Nivar Wreaks Havoc in Parts of South India; Videos Detailing Catastrophe Surface Online
- 'It's not real, folks': Louisa Lytton reveals she is receiving daily online abuse from EastEnders viewers over Ruby Allen's feud with Stacey Slater
- Does Apple Track Every Mac App You Run? OCSP Explained
- How to Turn On HTTPS-Only Mode in Mozilla Firefox
- Stealth sim Tangiers is back on track thanks to horror short Paratopic
- Audi RS6 Avant: the stealth speedster
Firefox backs 'Do Not Track' with online stealth have 319 words, post on at December 20, 2010. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.