I receive hundreds of comments on my blog posts every day, and many of them are spam which is caught by Akismet. Many times, however, people will use a fake email address to comment. I don’t see any point in accepting comments from fake email addresses, and often the comments are bogus or added simply to create a negative bias. For example, let’s say you have posted a nice review of a certain piece of software and you see a comment such as, “This software is bogus and… (blah blah blah)”. A comment such as this is often posted by a rival company user or by another spammer. People are entitled to have opinions that differ from ours’, however it is important to verify that the comments are being posted by an actual person with a different opinion, so that you will know whether to accept the comment if it is legitimate and authentic, or to reject the comment as spam from an unverified source. How to verify email addresses: There are three ways to verify the existence of an email address : 1. Use My-Addr.com: This is a website which will allow you to check many free email addresses…
- The 7 Best Free Slack Alternatives for Team Communication
- How To Spot a Fake Facebook Account & Stay Safe [Weekly Facebook Tips]
- MALKIN: Investigate The Senate Democrat Wrecking Machine
- I Found Nicole Mincey, Trump’s Biggest Twitter Fan. She Isn’t a Bot, But She Has a Ton of Secrets.
- Hook, line and sinker: How I fell victim to phishing attacks - again and again
- LinkedIn now requires phone number verification for all users in China
- My terrifying deep dive into one of Russia's largest hacking forums
- Here are the platforms that have banned Infowars so far
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Robot arms and keychain-sized hard drives
- My dad predicted Trump in 1985 – it's not Orwell, he warned, it's Brave New World
How to Verify if Email Address Exist or Not have 322 words, post on at September 11, 2012. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.