US VP Joe Biden has said while there’s no definitive proof violent games and media cause people to go on shooting rampages, the public shouldn’t be afraid of “facts” which may come from research on the matter.Speaking during a live Google Hangout web broadcast, and looking like he needs to hire a make-up person who believes less powder is more, Biden said to let the facts “lead where they will, and let the research be done.”“One of the things that the president and I believe very strongly, is let the facts work, especially in regards to the entertainment industry,” he said. “There’s no hard data as to whether or not these excessively violent video games in fact cause people to engage in behavior that is anti-social, including using guns.“There was one study done from the American Academy of Pediatrics [that] said, if kids watch three to six hours of video games, and a lot of kids do that, it can lead to aggressive behavior. They didn’t make the next connection saying that it leads to violent behavior, but there’s [been] no studies done. So I recommended to the president that we do significant research.“Let the CDC, let the National Institute… Read full this story
- The time bomb under President-elect Biden's doormat
- Donald Trump's Refusal to Accept Defeat Fuels Violent Threats on Social Media
- Guns and lone wolves
- Can Biden Break the Back of the White Supremacist Movement?
- Blue State Blues: 9 Things Joe Biden Would Do If He Were Serious About Unity
- Meritocracy or Technocracy? Meet Joe Biden's Top Health Team Picks to Oversee Coronavirus Response
- Update: Bay Area Political Leaders Congratulate President-Elect Joe Biden, Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris
- Regardless of our success in tackling domestic violence, we must seek to eliminate such behaviour from our culture
- The Wan Chai connection: The Washington-accused drug lords, gun runners and dictators' financiers tied to one Hong Kong district
- Biden takes the LEAD in Georgia and piles up the votes after incredible rant from Trump claiming conspiracy against him by big tech, big money, the media, pollsters and Democrats that TV networks refused to screen
Biden: people shouldn’t fear “facts” should research link violent media and gun violence have 352 words, post on www.vg247.com at January 24, 2013. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.