ALLEN PARK, Mich. – The Detroit Lions have come a long way since Calvin Johnson’s debut in 2007.The last two games help sum up that growth in Johnson’s opinion.The offense drove 80 yards in less than a minute to score the winning touchdown with 12 seconds remaining in a one-point victory over Dallas and then the defense came up with a stop on a two-point conversion with 40 seconds left in a two-point victory at Chicago.“People used to say when I first got here that we’re used to losing,” Johnson said. “We’d get in a tight situation at the end of the game, guys knew how to lose.“Well, that’s changed. We know how to win now. Guys make the plays when they have to, when they have an opportunity to.“We know that we might not get that chance again. So guys get their mindset into it, especially in those clutch situations.”While he’s accomplished so much individually, including setting the NFL record for most receiving yards in a season last year, there is still much missing from Johnson’s resume.He’s never won a playoff game, much less played in the Super Bowl.Perhaps this is the year that his team’s achievements start to… Read full this story
- There's a long way to go before Congress agrees on another coronavirus stimulus package
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s relationship has come a long way since they could ‘barely be in the same room together’
- COVID-19: Virologist Says UK Still Has a Long Way to Go to Get Back to Normal
- Portuguese PM says recovering economy to be "a long way"
- Portuguese PM says recovering economy to be 'a long way'
- Still long way to go on EU recovery fund deal, EU official says
- You’ve come a long way … yet ATMs are about to get a whole lot smarter
- Country diary: a little chat goes a long way
- News analysis: Japan's economy still a long way from recovery amid epidemic
- West Ham defeat shows long way to go for Chelsea, admits Lampard
Lions have come a long way since Megatron’s debut have 355 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 14, 2013. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.