A line in a recently launched Korean drama which is thought to belittle and disparage Vietnamese brides and women in general has sparked outrage among Vietnamese readers and netizens. >> Vietnamese bride found dead in valley in South Korea Several days ago, Thuy Linh, a Vietnamese major in Korean studies, posted a screenshot from a Korean drama titled “Modern Farmer” on her Facebook page. According to Wikipedia, the show has aired on the channel SBS every Saturday and Sunday at 8:45 pm since October 18. The program, which stars Lee Hong-gi, Park Min-woo, Lee Si-eon, Kwak Dong-yeon and Lee Ha-nui, revolves around the members of Excellent Souls (ExSo) – a rock band. The youths decide to give up their life in Seoul and move to a small town in the countryside to farm a plot of land and prep for a special plan. The scene posted on Linh’s Facebook page features a middle-aged mother trying to wake up her heavily drunk son. Half asleep, the son says he is set on getting married. “You always drink everyday, so you couldn’t bring a girl back from Vietnam,” [sic] the mother then tells him, according to the English subtitles. Linh watched with…
- These Are the 100 Worst Dramas of All Time
- Major TV Debuts From the Year You Were Born
- 53 of the best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- The 53 best TV shows to binge-watch on Netflix
- The 54 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- Kanye West's presidential run, Kim Kardashian's Meek Mill meet, the abortion bombshell, the divorce 'attempt' and THAT tearful summit... what caused the demise of Hollywood's biggest power couple?
- Pop Culture History From the Year You Were Born
- Oscar Futures: Could the Globes Language Controversy Benefit
Korean drama’s defamatory line against Vietnamese brides sparks fury have 283 words, post on at December 10, 2014. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.