As PC users round the world prepare to download the Windows 10 upgrade, a number of people have scoured their older Windows platforms in vain for the update marker. The icon which installs the Windows 10 app and allows you to upgrade is a small Windows picture located in your System Tray at the lower right corner of your screen. For many people this icon has popped up automatically (some people are even trying to get rid of it). Others, however, don't see it at all. If your little icon is missing, don't worry – you can probably still download Windows 10. You just need to get your computer ready with a few preparatory updates. Here's what you need to do and what important circumstances you should watch for. Windows 7 If you are running Windows 7, then you need to update, update, update. It's easy to switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but your operating system needs to be ready. If that little icon isn't popping up for you, then you are using an older version of Windows 7 that is simply not equipped to handle a new OS without some intermediary updates to show it the way…. Read full this story
- Qualcomm brings Snapdragon 850 Mobile Compute Platform for Windows 10 PCs
- Windows 10 Data Usage: How To Check Data Usage And Set Data Limit?
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17704 with lots of changes and improvements
- If Avast Broke Your Windows 10 April Update, Here Is The Fix
- What Is “System Interrupts” Process Doing On My Windows 10 PC?
- Which? finds half of Windows 10 users have encountered problems, calls for Microsoft to pay compensation
- 6 Best Free File Managers For Windows 10: Alternatives To File Explorer
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17686
- What Is Runtime Broker (runtimebroker.exe) Process Doing On My Windows 10 PC?
- You can now remotely install apps from the Microsoft Store to your Windows 10 devices
What To Do If Your Computer Won't Upgrade To Windows 10 | Digital Trends have 310 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at July 25, 2015. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.