Over tea with an old friend at Windsor Castle the other day, the Queen was talking about her grandchildren and how well they were doing. She went through all eight of them, but when the names of William and Harry came up, there was a pause — and a smile. ‘Perhaps, after all, we have rather a lot to thank Diana for,’ she said. Within those surprising words lies a heart-warming change in attitude by the Queen towards the daughter-in-law whose turbulent marriage to Prince Charles brought the monarchy almost to its knees. The Queen, pictured left, is said to have had a heart-warming change towards the late Princess Diana, right When Diana, left, was alive the Queen felt she was a ‘misfit’, according to friends, who didn’t contribute When Diana was alive, the Queen’s friend says, ‘she felt the pretty girl was a misfit who didn’t quite contribute to the things they did and what they wanted her to do in the family. ‘There was no real compatibility. Initially she was sympathetic, but later on I don’t think she felt sorry for her, not really.’ These, you may think, sound rather harsh sentiments, but we must not forget that… Read full this story
- Princess Diana’s Martin Bashir Panorama interview – What was the ‘three people in this marriage’ revelation?
- The Voice coach Olly Murs opens up about his struggle to move on from the ex who broke his heart
- Prince Harry knew Meghan Markle was The One because the Queen's Corgis took to her straight away
- Watch Prince William and Kate Middleton's engagement interview as little brother Prince Harry follows suit seven years later
- It's confirmed! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal venue for May wedding
- 'The stars were aligned': Prince Harry finally reveals how he met fiancée Meghan Markle
- It's confirmed! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal top wedding venue and month of nuptials
- Prince Harry knew Meghan Markle was ‘The One’ as happy couple reveal engagement ring in official photocall
- Princess Diana was the most desirable woman on earth, yet her lovers were stalked by scandal, embarrassment and death
- Who’s next in line to the throne when Queen Elizabeth dies and who will be King? Succession rules explained
How Diana broke the Queen's heart: New interviews with Her Majesty's inner circle reveal the truth about her explosive battle of wills with the People's Princess who loved to defy protocol have 368 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 6, 2016. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.