Overwatch is in the news today with a pair of interesting stories. In one, a South Korean hacker was sentenced to a year in prison and two years probation for a cheating program that “violates the country’s Game Industry Promotion Law”. In the other, Blizzard has received an approved patent for a Play of the Game system after originally filing for it in 2016. The South Korean player is the first to receive a prison sentence after the country enacted strict anti-cheating laws that came on the books late in 2017. The convicted man reportedly made $180,000 through sales of his cheating program. Prior to his sentencing, others charged with violating the new policies had been fined or given probation. A Play of the Game System is now officially patented in Blizzard’s name after a 2-year wait. “The game server then selects a play of the game category and determines the top aggregated score for that category. Once determined, the game server sends one or more instructions to the game clients which causes the game clients to display a replay of the events that occurred during the time window increment corresponding to the top aggregated score for the selected category.”… Read full this story
- Former South Korean Governor Sentenced For Sexual Assault
- Neo-Nazi sentenced to prison after shooting at interracial couple
- Cho Yang-ho_ indicted Korean Air chairman_ dies at 70
- Who Is Judge Amy Berman Jackson and How Much Time Will She Add to Paul Manafort's Prison Sentence?
- CoreCivic Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Financial Results
- Vietnamese Woman Sentenced For Kim Jong Nam Murder
- Trump says he believes North Korean dictator had no knowledge of Ohio student’s mistreatment
- Paul Manafort sentencing, NFL free agency: 5 things to know Wednesday
- Korean Air boss dies weeks after board removal over scandals
- Yeah buddy! Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino has made friends with Fyre Festival’s Billy McFarland in prison (your tax dollars at work)
Korean Hacker Sentenced to a Year in Prison + Blizzard Patents Replay System have 313 words, post on www.mmorpg.com at June 17, 2016. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.