Pizza is one of America’s favorite foods.It’s a $40 billion-a-year love affair, according to a 2015 IBISWorld market-research report. In metro Phoenix, it’s hard to throw a ball of dough without hitting somewhere serving the cheesy triangles of deliciousness.Everyone has his or her favorite Saturday-night pizza. The kind where the crust is just so, the sauce is magical and the cheese is near nirvana. Saturday-night pizza is the kind you’re willing to wait for.But what about Tuesday-night pizza? The kind that’s satisfying because it’s functional. It has all the requisite ingredients with the added benefit of being fast and affordable. Tuesday pizza won’t appear in your dreams, but it’ll stop hunger after a stressful day.The Food & Dining team wondered who has the best Tuesday pizza, so we hosted a taste test of three grab-and-go pizzas. You know, pies that are ready to go when you are, or just about.The new X-Large Pizza represents the convenience-store segment, which, of late, has been eating into quick-service restaurants’ bottom line. Pizza orders at convenience stores grew by more than 20 percent from February 2014 to February 2015, reported The NPD Group, a market-research company.Food-court pizzas hold the flag of the “grocerant,” a grocer-and-restaurant hybrid that’s especially… Read full this story
- Food Prowl: A 3-way tie for Omaha's best pizza
- What’s On Your Customer’s Mind?
- America’s Best Train Journeys, Ranked
- From airlines to pizza parlors, EU businesses adopt data law
- The serious reason you need to stop putting lemon wedges into your water
- New Orleans Road Trip – Your Complete Guide to Driving Louisiana
- Empire responds: Judge our restaurant for yourself
- Detroit restaurant responds after critical Free Press review
- The Latest: ‘Free Solo’ wins documentary feature Oscar
- New Orleans Road Trip
Who makes the best pizza when you're in a rush? have 292 words, post on www.usatoday.com at June 21, 2016. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.