Earlier this week, Redditor maxpower888 started an epic thread on the /r/mmorpg sub asking everyone to chime in and name his or her top five MMORPGs of all time. I thought it was a nifty thread to skim to see how many times the same games kept popping up (and the same games turned up in combination with each other). “You can tell how old people are by their lists,” one gamer objected, but I don’t think that’s necessarily true! So for this week’s Overthinking, we’re going to join in the fun, then explain our choices and puzzle out what those choices say about us — don’t forget to click the entries to expand them for explanations! You should do the same down in the comments! Andrew Ross (@dengarsw): Don’t forget to click each one for an explanation! #1: Asheron’s CallI still think this is the game our genre needs to strive to return to, but in a modern way. Monthly updates with content. Developer lead but player controlled story progress. Social systems that encourage mentoring new players and forming almost family like units. A familiar but wholly original world, not based on an IP that could strangle story lines. The… Read full this story
- Vote for your favorite all-time rant
- Wealthy parents, actresses, coaches, among those charged in massive college cheating admission scandal, federal prosecutors say
- Here’s how to pick a NASCAR favorite
- Rachel Alexandra loses again as favorite
- Ten rounds in, still no favorite in Serie A
- Keselowski tweeting for Miller Time moments
- Muscle Massive wins Hambletonian
- The cosmic ballet goes on: 15 of our favorite pop-culture eclipses
- Cox minds his business;Jaguars CB leaves deep thinking for off the field, reclaims playing time.
- Liriano trying not to overthink his next start
Massively Overthinking: Our five favorite MMORPGs of all time have 304 words, post on massivelyop.com at October 27, 2016. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.