Earlier this week, Redditor maxpower888 started an epic thread on the /r/mmorpg sub asking everyone to chime in and name his or her top five MMORPGs of all time. I thought it was a nifty thread to skim to see how many times the same games kept popping up (and the same games turned up in combination with each other). “You can tell how old people are by their lists,” one gamer objected, but I don’t think that’s necessarily true! So for this week’s Overthinking, we’re going to join in the fun, then explain our choices and puzzle out what those choices say about us — don’t forget to click the entries to expand them for explanations! You should do the same down in the comments! Andrew Ross (@dengarsw): Don’t forget to click each one for an explanation! #1: Asheron’s CallI still think this is the game our genre needs to strive to return to, but in a modern way. Monthly updates with content. Developer lead but player controlled story progress. Social systems that encourage mentoring new players and forming almost family like units. A familiar but wholly original world, not based on an IP that could strangle story lines. The… Read full this story
- McMenamin all set for massive test as Donegal eye semi
- Daddy daycare Lowry targets massive finale
- Post Time: Belmont belongs to Sir Winston
- Carbery will get all the time in the World to prove himself
- How long does it take to become super-rich? The time it took the world’s wealthiest men to make their first million – then billion – is revealed (and tech whizzkids are a lot faster than traditional tycoons)
- Holiday Shipping Cut Off Times 2016
- 3 times fans booed babyfaces after reading internet reports
- When it comes to MMORPGs you can go home again but should you?
- Why MMORPGs Continue To Be Big Money Makers In China
- VIDEO: Gameloft Rips WoW for iOS MMORPG
Massively Overthinking: Our five favorite MMORPGs of all time have 331 words, post on massivelyop.com at October 27, 2016. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.