Like most female reporters, my inbox and Twitter mentions are a cesspool immediately after I write a piece that criticizes a male athlete guilty of a heinous crime against a woman. Such was the case last week, when I blasted Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, athletic director Joe Castiglione and school president David Boren for their decision to allow five-star running back Joe Mixon to suit up for the Sooners despite watching the stomach-churning video of Mixon punching a fellow Oklahoma student, Amelia Molitor, in an off-campus incident almost three years ago.You’ve probably seen the video by now, but if not, a brief recap: Mixon, Molitor and her friend exchange words, Molitor shoves Mixon, and he responds by dropping her with one punch. Molitor’s head hits a table on her way down. She breaks four bones in her face, has to have her jaw wired shut for a while and has no feeling on the left side of her face for six months.The responses in my inbox were varied. Some thanked me for standing up for women without a voice. Others accused me of writing clickbait. One guy admitted, “Yeah, I’m a misogynist!” which just reaffirmed that everything he had said… Read full this story
- Bengals' Joe Mixon: 'Give it 100 or stay home'
- Should Joe Mixon be carrying the ball more?
- Fantasy Football Week 13 Start/Sit: D.J. Moore, Phillip Lindsay, Joe Mixon
- Joe Mixon guarantees playoffs for Cincinnati Bengals in 2019
- Songs about 'The Weather': Oklahoma musician Joe Baxter releases new album
- State loans help Oklahoma cities fix water systems
- Oklahoma City Thunder beats Trail Blazers 123-114: Rapid Reaction
- PFF dive: Mixon's uptick, LB downgrade
- Bengals-Ravens: Mixon, Dennard cleared, 9 others on injury report
- Oklahoma Joe: City, county must face reality on building new jail
Oklahoma failed Joe Mixon have 291 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 21, 2016. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.