Is EverQuest and those who worked on the franchise cursed? I’m starting to think so. It seems no matter how hard those in charge of EverQuest try, they just can’t seem to do anything worthwhile with the franchise. Where are all those amazing virtual worlds created by those that have worked on EverQuest over the years? Nowhere to be found. The notion that the success of EverQuest was a fluke crosses my mind more and more these days. In 2016 Daybreak Games announced that they had cancelled EverQuest Next. And now the final act in the EverQuest Next long and tortured comedy of errors is about to transpire as Daybreak Games announced last week that Landmark will be closing. Feldon at EQ2Wire has penned an an exceptionally detailed and well-researched article about the downfall of EQ Next and Landmark that sheds a lot of light into the chronic dysfunction and rampant stupidity that plagued SOE. While reading his article, it quickly becomes evident that Dave Georgeson was a central figure in the downfall of EQ Next and Landmark — a Minecraft like spin off from EQ Next. Feldon’s piece is a treasure trove of expert analysis. It reveals many things… Read full this story
- MotoGP Raceweek: Marquez continues magnificent form with landmark victory
- PlanetSide Arena is another battle royale from Daybreak
- Clint Hocking Has Left Amazon Game Studios
- Daybreak to shut down PlanetSide Arena servers but insists it remains "deeply committed to this franchise"
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Gets New Logo & Tagline, Is a Movie Coming?
- New World, Amazon Games’ Age of Exploration MMO, arrives in May
- Netflix Pulls the Plug on Daybreak After One Season
- The Very Important List Of PC Games, Part 1/5
- Here's all the news and trailers from the Game Awards
- The 16 best games of E3 2019
The Curse of EverQuest Continues as Daybreak Games Closes Landmark have 309 words, post on www.wolfsheadonline.com at January 9, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.