Adele swept the Grammy Awards on Sunday, taking home statuettes for the top prizes – album, record and song of the year – in a shock, history-making victory over Beyonce on a night marked by political statements and emotional tributes. Adele, 28, won all five Grammys for which she was nominated, including for her comeback album “25” and her soaring ballad “Hello.” She became the first person in Grammy history to win the top three awards twice, following her wins for her last album “21” in 2012. Beyonce, 35, had gone into Sunday’s awards show with a leading nine nominations for her powerful “Lemonade” album about race, feminism, and betrayal. She had been hoping to win her first album of the year Grammy. Adele, who now has a career total of 15 Grammys, seemed stunned, telling reporters backstage that she “felt like it was her (Beyonce’s) time to win.” “My queen and my idol is Queen B. I adore you,” the British singer said to Beyonce, seated in the front row, as she accepted her award. “I can’t possibly accept this award, and I’m very humble and very grateful. But my artist of my life is Beyonce. This album for…
- LIST: Nominees Announced For The 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards On CBS
- Lady Gaga, Metallica, Kelsea Ballerini, Lukas Graham and Cynthia Erivo to Perform at Grammy Awards
- Goth girls! Miley Cyrus, Katie Holmes and Rita Ora are bombshells in black as they lead best dressed on Grammy Awards red carpet
- Grammy Awards 2020: Key Nominations
- Ariana Grande and Lizzo are moved to tears as they lead stars reacting to Grammy Award nominations on social media: 'We are all winners'
- 2020 Grammy Awards: Here is the complete list of nominees
- Grammy Awards Nominations 2020: The Complete List
- From blackout to blooms: Why stars are wearing white roses to the Grammy Awards
- Grammy Awards 2020’s complete nomination list
- Grammy Awards Nominations: Complete List (Updating Live)
Adele sweeps Grammy awards in upset victory over Beyonce have 319 words, post on at February 13, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.