What are the best Mac emulators? What’s the best way to run old software and retro console games in macOS? Software and videogames were once on borrowed time, surviving only as long as the hardware on which they ran. But then systems became powerful enough to successfully mimic those that came before. So began the age of emulation. Today, even a years-old Mac can emulate a huge range of older hardware, giving you the chance to relive old favourites, or to experience apps and games you might have missed. Emulation is also vital from an archiving standpoint, keeping safe countless pieces of software that would otherwise disappear forever as the media they’re stored on degrades. In this feature, we explore the current state of emulation on macOS. We begin with how to emulate old Apple hardware such as the Apple II and Macintosh Plus. We then delve into emulating ancient PCs, classic consoles, arcade games, and a few much-loved home computers. Read next: Best free web browser games for Mac | Best Mac games Best Mac emulators guide: The obligatory warnings bit Before we begin, it’s worth noting a few snags relating to emulation. First, emulation isn’t always plug-and-play – but we will… Read full this story
- How to Play SNES Games on Your iPhone-iPod Touch With an iPhone SNES Emulator
- IPod Touch Games - From Classic IPod Touch Games to the Latest IPod Touch Games Review
- Health Care - What If We Play the Games Differently?
- Electronic Musician - Which Platform is Best - Mac Or PC?
- Download Nintendo Games
- MMO's For Mac - 4 MMORPG's You Don't Need A PC To Play
- Learn How To Copy Wii Games - Copying Games for the Nintendo Wii
- Windows, Mac, or Linux? Choosing the Right System for You
- Satellite TV For Mac - Turn Your Mac Into a TV Now!
- Ways To Run Windows On A Mac
Best Mac emulators | How to play old games & run classic software on macOS have 311 words, post on www.macworld.co.uk at February 15, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.