A string of benches that link communities in the St. Croix River Valley are nice spots for resting while taking in the area’s beauty.But they’re much more than that.The Art Bench Trail is made up of eight benches that stretch from Prescott in the south to St. Croix Falls in the north on both sides of the Wisconsin-Minnesota border. The first two were unveiled in 2006, and six more have been added in the years since, said Anastasia Shartin, director of The Phipps Center for the Arts in Hudson.They were linked together in a formal trail in 2014 to promote tourism in the region and get travelers to see at least several towns, view the river from their benches, visit artists’ studios, dine at restaurants, and maybe spend the night and take in other attractions, she said.This summer, the Art Bench Trail will play host to a series of events and activities at each of the benches in conjunction with the National Park Service, which Shartin said is a trail partner, along with the St. Croix Valley Foundation and The Phipps.“The notion to create these benches came about from conversations with artists and at community forums set up to explore the… Read full this story
- Best Small Towns to Raise a Family in Every State
- Life after COVID: The pandemic has transformed Denver streets and sidewalks. Could these changes be permanent?
- Te Hīkoi Toi: Finding new streams in the landscape
- 'The moment is finally upon us… now is the time to seize it': Boris Johnson hails 'new beginning in our country's history' as Queen grants royal assent to his Brexit trade deal meaning divorce happens at 11pm tonight
- Could You Pass the U.S. Citizenship Test?
- Welcome to England under Lockdown 3: Masked key workers on Underground provide only hustle-and-bustle... while above ground streets are SILENT on day shutdown officially comes into force
- Best 22 UK staycations 2020 for a weekend getaway: Cornwall, Devon & more
- 42 Books That Helped People Get Through This Garbage Year
- Roundup: The best of 2020 travel and culture stories about Slovakia
- Small businesses worldwide fight for survival amid pandemic
Art benches stitch St. Croix River towns together have 349 words, post on www.jsonline.com at April 7, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.