Actor Adam West who portrayed Batman in the classic 1960s television series, died Friday night in Los Angeles. The actor passed away at the age of 88 after a short battle with leukemia and was surrounded by his wife, Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. After the ABC show died out, West struggled with being typecast and had a hard time finding consistent work until he got a job on the cartoon Family Guy in 2000. ‘Our dad always saw himself as The Bright Knight and aspired to make a positive impact on his fans’ lives. He was and always will be our hero,’ his family said in a statement, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Scroll down for video Actor Adam West who is best known for his portrayal of Batman in the classic 1960s television series, Batman, died Friday night West passed away at the age of 88 in Los Angeles after a short battle with leukemia, his family said. He is pictured in 1965 He is survived by his wife, Marcelle, six children, five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. He is pictured in May RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Mika Brzezinski joined by Morning Joe co-host and fiance… Read full this story
- 'RIP to a brilliantly funny man': TV broadcaster, critic and poet Clive James dies aged 80 'surrounded by his family and his books', after long battle with leukaemia
- Broadway composer Jerry Herman, famous for “Hello, Dolly!”, is dead at 88
- Pop superstar George Michael has died ‘peacefully at home’
- 7 Secrets You Missed in the Final Star Wars Trailer
- Star debuts and happy returns: theatre, dance and comedy in 2020
- SECOND cinema chain bans gang film Blue Story after 100-strong machete brawl broke out in front of terrified families queuing for Frozen 2 - but director defends BBC-funded movie as 'about love not violence'
- Mum with cancer ‘sent home with painkillers by GP’ dies just before being able to spend final Christmas with family
- Despair of 'recluse' Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's final months: How a rare auto-immune disease was 'eating' the 'It Girl' from the inside as friends feared she was still facing battle against addiction
- All of the Crisis on Infinite Earths Cameos (So Far)
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson 'predicted her own death' as its revealed she was £200,000 in debt after her women’s fashion line racked up huge overheads
'He was truly the Bright Night': Burt Ward leads tributes to Adam West after beloved Batman star dies aged 88 surrounded by his family after short battle with leukemia have 377 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 10, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.