SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAMIndependence – Freedom – Happiness
Ha Noi, September 06, 2017
THE GOVERNMENT’S REGULAR MEETING –AUGUST 2017
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 138/2016/ND-CP dated October 01, 2016 promulgating the working regulation of the Government;
Based on the discussion of the Cabinet members and the conclusion of the Prime Minister at the Government’s regular meeting in August 2017, held on August 30
1. Regarding the socio-economic situation in August and the first 8 months of 2017, the implementation of the Government’s Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP on the major tasks and solutions guiding the implementation of the socio-economic development plan and the State budget plan for 2017
The Government unanimously agrees that: The socio-economic situation continued to observe positive changes. Macroeconomic situation was relatively stable. Inflation was kept under control. Major balances of the economy were guaranteed. Interest rates tended to fall. Credit and budget revenue recorded a decent increase. Exports maintained growth momentum.There was a trade surplus in August. Service sector continued to maintain high growth. The number of international visitors to Viet Nam increased to a record high. Foreign direct investment rose sharply. The number of newly established enterprises and registered capital increased. Socio-cultural sector received due attention and observed decent performance results. Sports recorded many outstanding achievements in the 29thSoutheast Asian Games, contributing to enhance the position of the Vietnamese sports on the international arena. National defense and security were maintained. Foreign affairs was promoted.
However, the weather situation such as rain, storm, flash floods observed complicating and unusual developments, causing severe damages to production and life. The industry sector achieved slower growth compared to that of the same period last year.The mining sector has not recovered yet. Deployment and disbursement of development investment capital, especially FDI, ODA and preferential loans, remained slow. Administrative procedures of some sectors, fields, areas remained cumbersome, complicated, causing difficulties, wasting time and money for the people and enterprises. Smuggling and commercial fraud, traffic accidents, fire and explosion observed complicated developments. Diseases, especially dengue fever hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) epidemic has seen an increase in the number of cases in some localities.
For the rest of the year, the Government requests ministries, agencies and localities to focus on the drastic and synchronous implementation of tasks and solutions set out as well as strive to achieve the economic growth goal of 6.7% in 2017. Each minister, head of ministerial-level agencies and chairpersons of provincial-level People’s Committees need to follow-up closely with their assigned tasks, intensify administrative disciplines and orders, especially in performing public duties, concentrating on removing difficulties and obstacles, creating favorable conditions, promoting production and business development. Attention should be paid to the following key areas:
– The State Bank of Viet Nam shall actively and flexibly monitor monetary policy in line with macro-economic developments, inflation status and monetary market, striving to further reduce the lending rates by 0.5% by the end of 2017. Strive for an annual credit growth rate of 21% to boost production and business. Intensify the inspection, examination and strict handling of credit violations to ensure the system safety.
– The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall urgently review and report to the Prime Minister in September 2017 on balancing resources for 21 target programs. Assign the specific list of tasks and capital levels to ministries, sectors and localities after the Prime Minister has assigned the plan. Actively guide and coordinate ministries, sectors and localities in finalizing procedures as prescribed, and accelerate the disbursement of the allocated capital. Review, identify the causes of delays in the allocation of capital plan over time to draw experience for better performance in the coming time. Report to the Government at its meeting in September 2017 on the disbursement progress of public investment by each ministry, sector and locality and propose concrete solutions, in which resolute action must be taken to cut down capital investment for projects that are not ready for full disbursement in 2017 to switch capital to other important and urgent works as prescribed. Focus on reviewing, proposing and recommending the National Assembly amendments and supplements to the Law on Public Investment in its fourth session. Co-ordinate with ministries, agencies and international partners to organize the Greater Mekong Sub-region Donor Coordination Conference. Lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Information and Communications and Transport and concerned ministries and agencies in reviewing available forms to mobilize investment resources for key traffic projects. Review and report to competent authorities a plan to allocate appropriate investment capital for North-South expressway projects, North-South railway and Long Thanh airport.
– The Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Finance, ministries and sectors shall concentrate on performing the main tasks and solutions to accelerate the disbursement of public investment capital stated in the Government’s Resolution No. 70/NQ-CP. In which, the Ministries of Planning and Investment, Finance, Construction, Transport, Natural Resources and Environment shall concentrate on reviewing and timely resolving problems and barriers according to their competence or report to the competent authorities for review and decision to accelerate the disbursement of investment capital.
– The Ministry of Finance shall concentrate on directing the effective implementation of measures to enhance the management of revenue collection, the fight against revenue loss, and the strict implementation of financial and budgetary disciplines. To continue coordinating with ministries, sectors and localities in reviewing the reduction of charges related to enterprises. Analyze and assess the impact of the proposed increase in value added tax. In 2017, no taxes, fees and charges shall be raised to facilitate and support the development of production and business. Lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Health in proposing plans to ensure the safety and sustainability of the Health Insurance Fund.
– The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall review and evaluate the implementation of free trade agreements, especially for partners with large trade deficits, and propose the participation in a number of new free trade agreements. Implement comprehensive export promotion measures, strictly control the import of goods, especially small-scale import and temporary import and re-export of agricultural commodities. Synchronously develop the domestic market to prevent the domination of foreign enterprises. Encourage domestic consumption, promote the campaign “Vietnamese people use Vietnamese goods.”
– The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall focus on guiding the implementation of measures to ensure that agricultural sector growth reaches 3.05% and agricultural exports reaches US$33-34 billion. Direct and guide localities to seriously and effectively implement measures to prevent and combat natural disaster, storm and flood, to ensure the safety of the people and minimize damage to production. Lead and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in reviewing and adopting comprehensive solutions to prevent fake fertilizers and poor quality fertilizers.
– The Ministry of Transport shall lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance and other ministries, sectors and localities in reviewing and evaluating total investment levels, charge rates and charge time for BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) projects and works, propose specific solutions and report to the Prime Minister in September 2017. At the same time, the Ministry shall strictly handle violations and prevent negative actions and group interests in the implementation of BOT projects. Review and consider the investment plan for the eastern route of the North–South Highway project so as to make efficient use of the State’s capital sources, ensuring the publicity, transparency and harmony of the interests of the State, investors and users.
– The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall lead and coordinate with ministries, sectors and localities in stepping up the implementation of tasks and solutions to develop tourism into a spearhead economic sector. Strive to reach over 13 million international tourists in 2017.
– The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall coordinate with concerned ministries, sectors and localities in continuing the implementation of social welfare policies; provide timely support, ensuring the stabilization of life and productionrestoration of people affected by natural disaster, flood and storm.
– The Ministry of Health shall intensify the warning of epidemics and direct the implementation of measures to prevent and fight epidemics, especially dengue fever and foot and mouth disease epidemic. The Ministry shall collaborate with the Ha Noi People’s Committee to concentrate resources to put a stop to the dengue fever outbreak in the area. The Ministry of Health shall promptly review and rectify the state management over pharmacy,coordinate with competent agencies in investigating and strictly handling violating organizations and individuals as stipulated by law. Strengthen the management of drug prices with a view to reduce drug prices by 10 – 15% in 2017, especially brand-name drugs. Urgently cooperate with Viet Nam Social Insurance to carry out the national auction of health insurance from January 01, 2018.
– The Ministry of Education and Training shall instructthe preparation for the opening of a new school year, especially in areas damaged by storms and floods. The Ministry shall coordinate with the Ministry of Finance in controlling prices of school supplies at the beginning of the school year, prevent overcharge of school supplies and children’s dropouts because their parents cannot afford school fees.
– The Ministry of Home Affairs shall organize the preliminary review of the implementation of Directive No. 26/CT-TTg dated September 05, 2016 of the Prime Minister on the enhancement of disciplines and orders in administrative agencies at all levels and submit to the Prime Minister in September 2018 the assignment of cadres and civil servants on the state payrolland salaried by the state budget public and staff on the state payroll in specialized associations in 2018.
– The specialized management Ministries shall closely monitor and adjust the prices applicable to essential public goods and services so as to limit negative impacts on the average CPI and comply with targets assigned by the National Assembly.
– Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue has been assigned to continue synchronously instructing solutions to restructure, equitize and divest state’s capital in State-Owned Enterprises while ensuring publicity and transparency. Concentrate on resolutely addressing inefficient corporations and groups, investment projects and works with prolonged losses according to the roadmap approved by the Political Bureau. Amend and supplement to Decision No. 09/QD-TTg dated January 01, 2007 to create a transparent legal corridor for the effective prevention of loss and exploitation of state-owned houses and land. Request ministries and agencies that have completed the construction of their new office to earnestly return the old office.
– The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall perform the forecasting and warning of natural disasters, especially in the flood season. To co-ordinate with relevant ministries and sectors to organize a conference on climate change and large-scale transformation strategy for the sustainable development of the Mekong Delta Sub-region.
– The Ministry of Public Security shall direct the performance of tasks toensure social order and safety, traffic order and safety, fire and explosion prevention and combat activities. Especially, attention should be paid to guarantee absolute security and safety during the 2017 APEC Economic Leaders’ Week.
– The Ministry of Information and Communications shall direct news agencies, especially the central press agencies, to clearly exhibit their key role in the combat against the communication of false information, contrary to the viewpoints and undertakings of the Party and the State and the direction and administration solutions of the Government and the Prime Minister. At the same time, the Ministry shall actively provide adequate and timely information on the socio-economic situation of the country in order to create a consensus in society.
– Ministries, sectors and localities shall speed up the restructuring of sectors and fields, urgently complete the development of the Socio-Economic Development Plan and Public Investment Plan in 2018 in accordance with the required timeline, actively and effectively perform tasks and solutions to improve the business environment, enhance the national competitiveness and support the development of enterprises in the spirit where the Government commits to accompany enterprises, which was mentioned in the Decisions No. 19-2016/NQ-CP, No. 19- 2017/NQ-CP, No. 35/NQ-CP dated May16, 2016 of the Government and Directive No. 26/CT-TTg dated June 06, 2017 of the Prime Minister. Create favorable conditions for enterprises to accelerate production and business. To review, amend and abolish unnecessary business-related procedures and conditions that cause difficulties for enterprises, shifting from pre-inspection mechanism to post-inspection mechanism.
– Localities with large industrial scale and services sector accounting for a high proportion of the economy need to focus on reviewing specific solutions to remove difficulties, create favorable conditions to accelerate the progress of projects and works. Promote the development of sectors, fields with potential and advantages, contributing positively to GDP growth of the whole country.
– Presidents of the People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall take initiative in coordinating with the concerned ministries and sectors as well as investors to remove difficulties and barriers and put the projects into operation soon, accelerate the disbursement of private and foreign direct investment capital, contributing to promoting economic growth.
– Ministries and agencies assigned to assume the prime responsibility for the development of draft Proposals to be submitted to the sixth plenum of the Party Central Committee shall promptly collect opinions of the Political Bureau and finalize the Proposals so as to ensure their quality and progress.
2. Regarding the preparations for the APEC Year 2017
The Government appreciates the efforts of the APEC 2017 National Committee and relevant ministries, agencies and localities that have actively and duely implemented plans and tasks to prepare for the APEC 2017. Given the heavy tasks ahead, the Government requests ministries and agencies who are members of the APEC 2017 National Committee to continue to carry out their specific tasks as assigned, stick to the theme of the APEC Year 2017: “Creating new dynamism, fostering a shared future”, prepare the event thoroughly in all aspects while complying with the following principles: be respectful, be thoughtful, be efficient, and be thrifty, ensuring absolute security and safety for the event. Prepare a contingency plan, tactfully handle arising situation, striving to leverage the High-Level Declaration and Ministerial Statement to create a successful mark of APEC 2017.
– The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall take lead in vigorously advocating for the full participation of senior leaders of APEC economies,carefully organizing visits to Viet Nam by leaders of some countries and bilateral meetings, actively mobilizingmember economies to promote proposals and initiatives of Viet Nam adopted at the Ministerial Meetings and the Senior Officials’ Meetings (SOM) and submit them to the Inter-Ministerial Conference on Economic and Social Affairs and APEC Summit 2017.
– The Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) shall lead and coordinate closely with the APEC 2017 National Secretariat, the Ministry of Planning and Investment and relevant agencies to mobilize the active participation of big APEC corporations at the APEC CEO Summit and Viet Nam Business Summit. At the same time, VCCI shall encourage APEC enterprises to invest in Viet Nam.
– People’s committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall carefully prepare to participate in the Viet Nam Business Summit to promote and communicate about potentials and strengths of localities and to encourage cooperation between local businesses with leading businesses in the Asia-Pacific region.
– The Sub-Committee on Media and Cultural Events shall lead the stronger promotion of 2017 APEC Economic Leaders’ Week, focusing on promoting the image of the country and people of Viet Nam that are innovative, proactive, and possessing a lot of potentials for development.
– The Sub-Committee on Security and Healthcare shall preside over the maneuvering of protection plans, ensure absolute security and safety, avoid being passive in unexpected situation, andprepare medical care services, especially preventive medical care.
3. Regarding the draft Report on the socio-economic situation in 2017 and the plan for socio-economic development in 2018.
The Government praises the spirit, efforts and attempts made by ministries, sectors, localities, enterprises and the people in implementing Resolutions of the Party Central Committee, the National Assembly and the Government on the tasks and solutions guiding the implementation of the socio-economic development plan in 2017. In the remaining months of 2017, the Government requests each ministry, sector, locality, State-owned Corporation and Group to continue putting more effort in the implementation of these plans, avoid being subjective in operation, review each assigned target, take drastic action to fulfill tasks, solutions, and be determined and strive to achieve and exceed the set plan.
The Government unanimously agrees on the GDP growth target of about 6.5% in 2018, in which attention should be paid to maintaining major economic balances, to foster economic restructuring, transform growth models, improve labor productivity, quality and competitiveness of the economy with a view towards substantial and sustainable growth.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment is assigned conduct a thorough evaluation of the situation and implementation results in 2017, and at the same time analyze and clarify the context of the world and domestic economy in 2018 in relation to targets of Socio-economic Development Plan in five years 2016 – 2020. On that basis, the Ministry shall set outsuitable and feasible objectives, tasks and solutions, lead and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance and concerned ministries and sectors in continuing reviewing and updating implementation results, assure consistency oftargets stated in the report and submit it to the Prime Minister before reporting to the Political Bureau, the Party Central Committee and the National Assembly.
4. Regarding draft Report on state budget implementation in 2017, state budget estimate of 2018, Report on the national financial and budgetary plan for 2018-2020
The Government unanimously agrees with the content of the Reports submitted by the Ministry of Finance, in which the budget deficit in 2018 was estimated at about 3.7%.
The Ministry of Finance is assigned to assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions of the Cabinet members, revising norms on budget revenues and expenditures, ensuring the sustainability and safety of majornational financial balances, demonstrating clearly the spirit of the Political Bureau’s Resolution on the state budget restructuring, including rational increase in investment for development and debt repayment, reduction of recurrent expenditures, stepping up socialization, attraction of financial resources to promote socio-economic development.
The Ministry shall concentrate on taking drastical measures to prevent tax loss, tax fraud, tax arrears, preventing overcharge of public services, encouraging the application of methods to raise income sources, and transforming lump-sum tax collection into tax declaration. The Ministry shall finalize the central budget allocation plan in 2018 and the financial and budgetary plan for the three years 2018-2020, continue updating and reviewing data with the Ministry of Planning and Investment on development investment spending, finalize reports and submit them to the Prime Minister before reporting to the Political Bureau, the Party Central Committee and the National Assembly according to regulations.
5. Regarding thedetermination of value of enterprises and the use of book value of enterprises to formulate equitization plans for 02 member units of Viet Nam National Oil and Gas Group (PVN)
During the period that the Decree replacing the Decree No. 59/2011/ND-CP dated July18, 2011 by the Government on the transformation of Enterprises wholly owned by the State into joint stock companies has not been promulgated, the Government agrees with the proposal of the Ministry of Industry and Trade to allow the PVN not to adjust book value according to enterprise valuation results when developing charter capital of joint-stock companies in the equitization plan. The PVN is allowed to use the enterprise valuation results as the starting price of the Initial Public Offering of Petro Viet Nam Power Company and Binh Son Refinery Ltd. The PVN shall complete equitization, make final settlement and record transactions as stipulated by law.
The Prime Minister has been assigned to review and decide on similar cases at the request of representative offices and report to the Government at the nearest meeting.
6. Regarding the report of the Working Group of the Prime Minister
In principle, the Government agrees with the recommendations in the Report of the Working Group. The Working Group and the Government Office are assigned to continue to accelerate and inspect ministries, agencies, localities, State-owned corporations and groups in performing the tasks assigned by the Government and the Prime Minister. Attention should be paid to reviewing the implementation of tasks of economic growth, capital disbursement, administrative procedure reform, one-stop shop mechanism and inter-level one-stop shop mechanism. Conduct specialized inspection of import and export goods, including official and unofficial expenditures of enterprises. Reduce the proportion of imported shipmentssubject to specialized inspections at the customs clearance stage from 35% to 15% in 2017.
The Ministry of Finance is assigned to lead and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in promptly submitting to the Government a draft Decree on the implementation of the national one-stop shop and the specialized management of exported and imported goods according to the streamlined order and procedures.
7. Regarding specific mechanisms and policies to ensure progress of investment in the construction of urgent power projects in the national power development plan.
The Government unanimously agrees on the need of specialized mechanisms and policies to speed up the investment in the construction of a number of urgent power projects in order to provide enough electricity for the country’s socio-economic development and living needs of the people. The application of specialized mechanisms and policies must ensure consistency with competence, not being contrary to the relevant laws, and directly relieving problems for each specific project.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade is assigned to lead and coordinate with the concerned ministries and agencies in reviewing, identifying clearly criteria and lists of urgent power projects and contents of particular mechanisms and policies in the management and implementation of urgent power projects in the national power development plan.
The Government assigns Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung to provide specific direction to finalize particular mechanisms and policies and report them to the Prime Minister for review and decision./.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
Nguyen Xuan Phuc
- Kazakhstan ready for 13th round of talks on Syria on 1-2 August
- Guam's mayors announce Village News for August 3, 2019
- The downfall of Scotland's most wanted
- Childcare costs stop many from going to work
- Turkey to further develop relations with Latin America
- A38 'must be widened' after string of fatal crashes
- Can England’s water companies clean up its dirty rivers?
- Stormont stalemate
- How safe is my 2019 holiday destination?
- Tribute: Ex-West Suffolk College lecturer Jim Froud