Soldiers from the 601st Battalion, stationed at an outpost in the Golan Heights, on Monday discovered the disappearance of emergency weapons and ammunition from a military warehouse during a routine stock count. They immediately reported the breach to their commanders, and military investigators promptly arrived at the scene. Among other items, investigators discovered a shortfall in the number of 5.56 mm diameter bullets, 40mm diameter bullets, M16 detonators and anti-tank mines, all of which is now likely to land in the hands of local crime syndicates or terrorists. Israeli Military Police believe that the breach occurred during the Rosh Hashana or Yom Kippur holidays, Jerusalem Online reports. © REUTERS / Thaier Al-SudaniIsrael Backing Kurdish Independence ‘to Create New Conflicts, Destabilization’From September 21 to October 12, four major Jewish holidays are celebrated in Israel and around the world, one after another. One, Rosh Hashana is the Jewish New Year and marks the anniversary of the creation of Adam and Eve. Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year, during which Jews reflect on their deeds and ask God’s forgiveness for their sins. On Rosh Hashana, no soldiers were in place to guard the armory; on Sunday, the soldier on guard duty took up a position inside the base, instead of at the designated post next to the bunker, the Israeli news outlet noted. Earlier this year, after nearly three dozen M-16 assault… Read full this story
- WATCH: Israel Unleashes New Laser Weapon That Shoots Down Drones
- Israeli Missiles Land Near Damascus Airport - Reports
- Syria Says It Blocked Israeli Attack as U.S. and Russia Warn Each Other Against Strikes
- Erwin James: why are so many former soldiers in prison?
- Russia and Iran rebuke US for missile threat against Syria amid standoff over attack
- James Foley: Islamic State releases video which it claims shows beheading of captured American journalist
- Battlefield 5 Patch Notes For Update 6.2, Out Now
- Battlefield 5 Patch Notes: Update 6.2 Out Now With Tank Customization
- Iran attack: How strong is Iran's military?
- Inside the Koch Brothers’ Toxic Empire
Explosives, Other Weapons Stolen From IDF Base in Northern Israel have 332 words, post on sputniknews.com at October 4, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.