It’s all about the glutamates. That’s the chemical answer to the question: Why does pizza taste so good? And that was the question I kept asking – to myself and out loud with my mouth full – while eating at Camporosso Pizza in Fort Mitchell. That reaction when pizza first touches a hungry tongue is so automatic, so foolproof. With cheese melted into tangy tomato sauce, the slight crackle of a crust folded up, the meat essence of sausage all happening at the same time, the world narrows down to the things going on in your mouth, and all is well.Before you know it, you’ve had five slices. Many of the ingredients of pizza are high in glutamates, chemical compounds with “hedonic characteristics,” i.e. things that make you feel good. They are complex and highly savory, sometimes known as umami. You find them in high levels in cheese, tomato sauce, cured meat and mushrooms. You can throw second-rate tomato sauce on generic dough and add not especially good cheese, and still get the pizza effect. But if you take each element of good pizza and elevate it with a great deal of care, just imagine how you can enhance those glutamates. That’s what they do at Camporosso. Eric and Amy Redfield (roughly translated to “Camporosso”) started this wood-fired… Read full this story
- The 50 best movies on Netflix right now
- The best Presidents' Day sales 2020: final deals on mattresses, appliances, TVs & more
- UPDATE: Int’l Box Office: ‘Maleficent’ Awakens $106.1M Overseas; ‘X-Men’ Adds $95.6M; ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ Cruises To $20.1M In Select Markets; ‘A Million Ways To Die In The West’ Holsters $10M; More
- The great vape debate: are e-cigarettes saving smokers or creating new addicts?
- Aldi’s new pet range includes an automatic feeder for your cat – and prices start at 89p
- Family of man killed by trooper seeking more than $10M
- Dealmaster: Snag powerful laptops at discounted prices for Presidents Day 2020
- NHL Power Ranking: Winnipeg Jets Are #16, Behind the Stars and Ahead of Flames In Computer Projection
- NHL Power Ranking: Dallas Stars Are #16, Behind the Rangers and Ahead of Islanders In Computer Projection
- Hostinger web hosting review: Good support and a killer entry-level price
Greater Cincinnati's new best pizza is in Fort Mitchell: 🍕🍕🍕🍕 have 362 words, post on www.cincinnati.com at October 18, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.