Several wooden boats, some carrying skeletons, have mysteriously appeared off Japan in recent weeks. Authorities are still investigating where the so-called ghost ships came from, but experts say all signs point to North Korea. Interested in North Korea? Add North Korea as an interest to stay up to date on the latest North Korea news, video, and analysis from ABC News. North Korea Add Interest The Japanese coast guard on Thursday recovered one decrepit vessel drifting off the western coast of Matsumae on the northern island of Hokkaido. Ten men found aboard the wooden ship identified themselves as North Koreans and said they were taking refuge at an island nearby because of rough weather. On Monday, the partly decomposed bodies of eight men were discovered on a rickety wooden boat on the coast of Japan’s Akita prefecture, which faces North Korea across the Sea of Japan. Members of the coast guard first spotted the unidentified ship Saturday, but rough seas prevented them from approaching it at the time. “The coast guard and police have to cooperate to step up sea patrols around Japan,” Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters at a press briefing Tuesday night when asked about… Read full this story
- US analysts identify 13 'hidden' North Korea missile bases
- North Korea tests 'newly developed ultramodern tactical weapon'
- North Korea says US-South Korea military drills violate agreement to work towards peace
- North Korea's youth are 'indifferent' to Kim Jong-un, defector says in first interview
- North Korea has 'expanded secret missile base' despite Trump promises over denuclearisation
- North Korea is holding an international cryptocurrency and blockchain conference
- South Korea releases video of North Korea blowing up 10 guard posts in DMZ
- North Korea tests mysterious new 'high-tech tactical weapon'
- Pope Francis ready to respond to invitation to visit North Korea
- North Korea is funding its regime through cryptocurrency scams, report says
Ghost ships believed to be from North Korea appear off Japan have 316 words, post on abcnews.go.com at December 2, 2017. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.