0 Comments Lord Alderdice selling up prior to leaving Northern Ireland for England BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Former Alliance leader John Alderdice has spoken about why he is leaving Northern Ireland, saying he feels it is now time to move on. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/lord-alderdice-selling-up-prior-to-leaving-northern-ireland-for-england-36742883.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article36742880.ece/eeef4/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-03-26_new_39597897_I3.JPG Email Former Alliance leader John Alderdice has spoken about why he is leaving Northern Ireland, saying he feels it is now time to move on. Lord Alderdice (62) and his wife Joan have placed their stately Victorian home in east Belfast on the market as they prepare to move to England. He explained his decision as being down to both work and the fact that most of his family are now based across the water. The former Assembly Speaker said: “Joan and I have decided to sell our house in Belfast, and after 34 years in the same place and with all the attachments to the people and place where we lived, worked and brought up our family, it is going to be a rather substantial upheaval. “However, our three children all moved to England and Scotland some years ago and they are all married, with their own homes and families there, and in the kinds of jobs which would… Read full this story
- Q&A: Why are Northern Ireland's health workers taking industrial action?
- Fatalities in Northern Ireland workplaces up by a third
- £30m to be spent on Northern Ireland hospital waiting lists
- Netherlands 3-1 Northern Ireland: De Jong and Depay spare Oranje's blushes
- World Cup 2030: England told a UK-wide bid would meet Fifa wishes, with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland also hosting games
- 'I Wanted to Die': Northern Ireland Confronts a Suicide Crisis
- EU tells Theresa May to break the Brexit impasse over Northern Ireland ahead of Brussels summit
- Past haunts Northern Ireland 20 years after the 'troubles'
- Why Northern Ireland is ridiculing Boris Johnson's Brexit proposals
- Johnson's Brexit Deal is Labelled ‘Betrayal Act’ in Northern Ireland but Will DUP Pay the Price?
Lord Alderdice selling up prior to leaving Northern Ireland for England have 352 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at March 26, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.