Tens of thousands of people filled many streets of Ho Chi Minh City in droves on Sunday morning in a running event aimed at helping sharpen the general awareness of health. More than 5,600 participants joined the 1.6 run along Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street in downtown Ho Chi Minh City. The event, organized by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the municipal People’s Committee, was meant to encourage people, especially children, to take physical exercise. The runners included servicemen, workers, seniors and young students, with the last group accounting for more than half the total number. They were led by high-ranking city officials. Other areas in Ho Chi Minh City also simultaneously witnessed a number of urban runs for the same purpose, joined by over 30,000 people. In Hanoi, around 8,000 participated in such a running event on Sunday. Government officials lead the group ‘running for people’s health’ in Ho Chi Minh City, March 25, 2018. Photo: Tuoi Tre Runners are seen at My Dinh National Station in Hanoi, March 25, 2018. Photo: Tuoi Tre Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
- Best and worst medical clinics in Ho Chi Minh City, ranked
- Quiet Hanoi and bustling Ho Chi Minh City on Black Friday 2019
- Late PM leaves imprint on Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City becomes large ‘river’ after heaviest rain this year
- Police hunt for suspects in motorbike robbery in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietjet Air to open Ho Chi Minh City – Pattaya route
- Vietjet to start offering Ho Chi Minh City - Pattaya service in December
- 12-yo boy dies after hit by ball during football class in Ho Chi Minh City
- Party chief lays flowers at President Ho Chi Minh Monument in Cuba
- Scientific seminar examines values of President Ho Chi Minh’s Testament
Tens of thousands ‘run for people’s health’ in Ho Chi Minh City have 308 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 25, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.