Phoenix Labs, the studio behind co-op action RPG Dauntless, announced that the game will enter Open Beta testing on May 24. Over 100,000 players have taken part in the game’s ongoing Closed Beta and 700,000 have signed up for the upcoming open beta.
Dauntless is heavily inspired by Capcom’s Monster Hunter franchise and will beat the PC version of Monster Hunter World to market by several months. While Dauntless requires a Founder’s Pack purchase to try in Closed Beta, the game will be free to play upon release. The F2P model combined with the game’s PC-first development should help it stand out against its much larger competition later this year.
The core gameplay loop in Dauntless involves forming parties with other players and hunting large monsters for various animal parts with which to craft new gear. Each fight takes around 20 minutes (or more) and requires precise timing for both landing hits and dodging enemy attacks.
Founder’s Packs are available for $40-$100 for those who can’t wait for the May 24 Open Beta.
Further Reading: Official Announcement
- New OnePlus open beta adds new shelf widget, May security patches, and more
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Gets Another Beta After Troubled Open Beta
- Latest OnePlus 5/5T Open Betas add network priority in Gaming Mode, improved Weather app accuracy, and more
- OnePlus 5T Open Beta 2 adds new clipboard and Switch apps, improves power consumption management, and more
- OnePlus 5/5T receive new Open Betas that remove Clipboard, fix bugs, and add CPU security patch
- New OnePlus 3/3T and 5/5T Open Betas improve Switch, add Parallel Apps file management, and more
- ‘Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III’ open beta set days before game’s release
- WhatsApp Beta begins testing 'disappearing messages'
- Windows Live Wave 3 managed beta begins
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Open Beta Has a Ton of Fighters, Stages, and Modes