Tiger Woods confirmed Thursday he will return to competition at next week’s Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow. Woods, who has not played since finishing tied for 32nd at this month’s Masters, confirmed his participation in a posting on Twitter. “Break over. Time to get back to work,” wrote Woods, confirming he will also play the May 10-13 Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, Florida. Woods won at Quail Hollow in 2007 but has not made the cut there since finishing fourth in 2009. He has not played the tournament since 2012 and missed last year’s PGA Championship at the course due to injury. Woods, 42, has climbed to 91 in the world rankings since returning to golf this season after missing most of the previous two years through injury. The 14-time major winner is one of only six players to have won The Players Championship at Ponte Vedra Beach twice. A win this year would see him join Jack Nicklaus as the only player to win the event three times.
- Golf highlights: Bryson DeChambeau wins Memorial Tournament in play-off as Tiger Woods tails off
- Tiger Woods’ last major title was unreal — what followed was unbelievable
- Tiger Woods: I’m ready to put jigsaw pieces together
- Fit-again Tiger Woods feeling good ahead of U.S. Open
- Back at the U.S. Open, Tiger Woods Struggles, Then Shrugs
- Tiger Woods ‘fights’ to avoid disaster at Memorial
- Tiger Woods on to real challenge after Memorial disappointment
- Tiger Woods turns down Ryder Cup mission for sponsors' event
- Bryson DeChambeau leads by one, Tiger Woods in the hunt at Memorial
- Tiger Woods paired with Justin Thomas and Dustin Johnson for U.S. Open’s first two rounds
Tiger Woods to return at Quail Hollow, Players have 283 words, post on zeenews.india.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.