Tiger Woods confirmed Thursday he will return to competition at next week’s Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow.
Woods, who has not played since finishing tied for 32nd at this month’s Masters, confirmed his participation in a posting on Twitter.
“Break over. Time to get back to work,” wrote Woods, confirming he will also play the May 10-13 Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, Florida.
Woods won at Quail Hollow in 2007 but has not made the cut there since finishing fourth in 2009.
He has not played the tournament since 2012 and missed last year’s PGA Championship at the course due to injury.
Woods, 42, has climbed to 91 in the world rankings since returning to golf this season after missing most of the previous two years through injury.
The 14-time major winner is one of only six players to have won The Players Championship at Ponte Vedra Beach twice.
A win this year would see him join Jack Nicklaus as the only player to win the event three times.
- Will resurgent Tiger Woods beat Jack Nicklaus’s record of 18 majors?
- Shocking dashcam footage of Tiger Woods barefoot, stumbling over and struggling to take sobriety test after cops find him asleep at the wheel of bashed-up £170,000 Mercedes
- Tiger Woods’ hunt for more majors guarantees high drama at US PGA
- How Tiger Woods’ girlfriend Erica Herman put him on the path to redemption – despite once being branded a ‘gold digger’ after pursuing him for ten years
- What is Tiger Woods’ real name? How old is he, and who’s his girlfriend Erica Herman?
- Tiger Woods was found asleep at wheel on roadside by police
- Tiger Woods on his future in golf: 'There’s nothing I can look forward to'
- Tiger Woods admits to ‘some pretty dire times’ during his long injury absence
- Tiger Woods goes straight for treatment on painful back after shooting dismal seven-over 78 at The Open
- I'm glad Tiger Woods won the Masters, I just wish he stood up for the black community