Support Massively OP on PatreonWere you too busy gaming this week to pay attention to MMO news? Get caught up every Sunday evening with Massively Overpowered’s Week in Review! There are hardly any proper MMORPGs that haven’t already seen at least one major business model shift over the years, and this week Star Trek Online announced its second: It’s going even more free-to-play, or maybe more buy-to-play, depending on how you look at it, as it’s trading its optional subscription away for an optional flat-fee buy-in. Meanwhile, we’re looking ahead to Guild Wars 2’s underwater update, watching players quibble over Elder Scrolls Online’s and Star Citizen’s business models, debating the state of modern MMO raiding, genuinely enjoying SWTOR’s latest update, being surprised that WoW’s doing so well, and mourning the impending loss of two PWE MMORPGs. Read on for the very best of this week’s MMO news and opinions. THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES Hyperspace Beacon: SWTOR’s Update 5.9 concludes the traitor storyline in classic style – [AL:TOR]May the fourth be with you, Massively OP readers. I hope you are having a wonderful unofficial Star Wars holiday. And if you’re thinking about jumping back into Star Wars:… Star Trek Online is discontinuing… Read full this story
- Star Trek Online: Legacy Launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- LeVar Burton To Voice Geordi La Forge In Star Trek Online
- 5 Alternatives to 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- In 'Star Trek: Picard' Episode 6, Jean-Luc Reacquaints Himself with Locutus of Borg
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Cast Share Personal Star Trek Stories, Want to Hear Yours
- Star Trek: Discovery's Kenneth Mitchell Reveals ALS Diagnosis
- Star Trek's Walter Koenig Talks Fandom, Babylon 5, and Chekov's Legacy Ahead of C2E2
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Finale Brings the Crossover Fans Have Been Waiting For
- Star Trek 4 Pitch Is Amazing Says Chris Hemsworth
- Who's Who In 'Star Trek: Discovery'?
MMO Week in Review: Star Trek Online is going free-to-play, again (May 6, 2018) have 322 words, post on massivelyop.com at May 5, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.