By Patrick Brown Opinion Wed., May 23, 2018 There has been a great deal of attention recently about the inner workings of the Ontario PC Party and the state I left the party in. Party leader Doug Ford recently told the media to ask Patrick Brown about “the mess” he inherited. I am pleased to answer that question. When Ford said that he inherited a mess as party leader, he is very much mistaken. He inherited a party with a 20 point lead in numerous public opinion polls, the largest membership in our party history, the most money ever in our coffers, a great slate of candidates and a policy platform that was the best received in modern memory for our party. We were well on our way to recreating the Big Blue Machine of the Bill Davis era. Moderate. Inclusive. Pragmatic. Progressive. That’s no mess. When I won the Ontario PC leadership in May of 2015, by the largest margin in the party’s history, I inherited a party that was on the verge of financial bankruptcy. We were $7 million in debt and held the worst balance sheet of all the political parties in Ontario. Under the capable leadership… Read full this story
- How Brexit Threw the Labour Party Into Crisis — and What’s Next
- Rebecca Long-Bailey tells Sir Keir Starmer he's plunged Labour into an 'avoidable mess' by firing her for tweeting an interview which contained an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory
- Big Brother fans left shocked as Michael Barrymore's controversial Hitler impression in 2006 is re-aired... after Best Shows Ever special revealed it had removed some scenes to avoid offence
- Best Gaming Desk 2020: Computer Desks For PC Gaming
- Hands-in preview: Surgeon Simulator 2 is coming in August, and it's got the wildest dance parties
- Johnny Depp wanted to DNA test sheet feces to determine their origin and complained 'my wife left a whooper poo on my bed' before telling Amber Heard he wanted a divorce on conference call with assistant
- Who is PC David Rathband and what happened to him?
- It was all downhill for Todd Muller after a National Party leak
- Judith Collins looks to stabilise chaotic party in first reshuffle
- Emily Atack reveals she’s been dating in lockdown but hasn’t met a man she would leave a party for
Ontario PC party was not left in a mess, writes Patrck Brown have 371 words, post on www.thestar.com at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.