UPDATE: MTA Chief ‘Shocked’ by Blackface ‘Coverup’ in High-Ranking Metro-North Supervisor Case, Calls Rail’s Action ‘Reprehensible’ One of the highest-ranking supervisors at Metro-North was promoted to his position in 2014 even after several employees reported shocking photos of him in blackface, the I-Team has learned. The photos of Richard Ranallo were snapped at a private Halloween party in October 2013 and posted on Facebook, according to the employees. “He’s dressed up in blackface, which is abhorrent to many people on many levels,” said former employee Randy Morgan, now retired from Metro-North. Top News Photos: New Tents Hold Separated Immigrant Children Getty Images In the pictures, Ranallo is carrying what appears to be a railroad-style lantern and is wearing a jockey uniform “reminiscent of the black jockey that people used to put on their lawns,” said Morgan. “It’s kind of like wearing a KKK outfit, just kind of screams at you,” he said. Morgan recalled thinking, when he first saw the photos, “‘You don’t know this is offensive? You don’t know this is wrong? Or you think this is funny? It’s not funny.'” Exclusive Men at Center of Gym Harassment Video Break Silence “Racism isn’t something that people wear proudly. It’s… Read full this story
- 'I'd be shocked if he's not dead': Senator Lindsey Graham fuels rumors that North Korean despot Kim Jong-un is 'dead or incapacitated' as focus shifts to his powerful 31-year-old sister Kim Yo-Jong
- North Korean state media publishes letter from Kim Jong Un to South African president dated TODAY in bid to quell rumours their leader has died
- North Korean troops spark border clash by firing on Southern guard post in show of strength that Kim Jong-un is still in control just hours after he resurfaced amid claims he had died
- North Korean defector apologises for saying Kim Jong Un was probably so ill he could not stand days before the dictator was pictured briskly walking and smoking a cigarette
- MORE rumors claim Kim Jong Un is dead: China-backed journalist claims North Korean dictator has died, Japanese report says he's in a coma - but satellite photos show his private train visited holiday home THIS WEEK
- Police, metro workers clash
- Kim Jong-un 'sent letter of thanks to builders who worked on tourism project' says North Korean state newspaper in apparent bid to quash western reports he may be DEAD
- Kim Jong Un 'may have been injured during missile test', sparking his recent disappearance, former North Korean officer claims amid rumours the dictator has died
- North Dakota cafes, other businesses reopen under new rules
- Complaints skyrocket over syringes on streets in S.F.
I-Team: Metro-North Supervisor Was Promoted Despite Photos of Him in Blackface, Complaints From Employees have 433 words, post on www.nbcnewyork.com at June 20, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.