Looking for news you can trust?Subscribe to our free newsletters. The headquarters of Huawei Technologies, the world’s largest maker of telecommunications equipment, sprawls across two square miles in the global manufacturing megalopolis of Shenzhen, China. At the center of its campus, surrounded by hulking office buildings of red brick and gray stone, sits a meticulously landscaped artificial pond. On the day I visited, two black swans glided across the water—fitting omens for the trajectory of Chinese technological power. Most Americans have never heard of Huawei (pronounced HWA-way), but the company operates in 170 countries, employs 180,000 people, and in 2017 had revenue of $92 billion. These days it’s leveraging its telecom experience to corner what it sees as the next big thing: solar energy. The company’s main solar product is a suitcase-sized device called an inverter, which changes the direct current, or DC, that a solar panel produces into the type that can be fed into a power grid: alternating current, or AC. Huawei is boosting its solar-inverter business not just by undercutting Western companies on price, but by beating them on innovation. Though inverters have been around for more than a century, many of the features Huawei offers are… Read full this story
- Donald Trump news latest – Ex-President slams Biden over Putin summit saying it was a ‘good day for Russia’
- Viewers convinced Donald Trump was wearing a DIAPER after spotting bulge in his pants during wild speech
- Russian Dirt on Clinton? ‘I Love It,’ Donald Trump Jr. Said
- Donald Trump: Bitcoin a 'Scam, ' But 'Competes Against the Dollar': 'Shrinkflation' Raises Retail Costs
- The Trump Organization bullish on Indian real estate: Donald Trump Jr
- Facebook suspends Donald Trump for 2 years, then will reassess
- Donald Trump Slams Joe Biden for 'Putting America Last,' Says He's 'Worse Than I Ever Was'
- Joe Biden Extends Donald Trump's Blacklist of Chinese Companies
- Joe Biden accuses Donald Trump of ‘fracturing’ Republican Party with his ‘phony populism’
- John Bolton Blasts Donald Trump In Newly Released ABC News Clip As Excerpts Of Book Emerge – Update
Solar Is the Future. Donald Trump Tied a Bow on It and Gave It to China. have 335 words, post on www.motherjones.com at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.