The Guild Wars 2 team is short two narrative designers today after a pitched internet war of words on Twitter. “Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players,” ArenaNet’s Mike O’Brien wrote on the game’s forums. “Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company. I want to be clear that the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all. As a company we always strive to have a collaborative relationship with the Guild Wars community. We value your input. We make this game for you.” We presume the employees are Jessica Price and Peter Fries, who have been the subject of a heated Reddit-and-forum flamewar nearing 10,000 comments across its many threads for the last two days. Price, it appears, seriously overreacted to an influencer’s hopefully well-intentioned but clumsy advice on narrative design on her personal Twitter feed; when she insinuated he was mansplaining and referred to “hurt manfeels,” what should have been a simple misunderstanding escalated as a mob of angry players then flocked to raid her Twitter for evidence, harass her on social media, and riot on Reddit to effectively… Read full this story
- Camping Trip To and From Hell Part 2
- Trump 'losing leverage' in Syria after diplomatic U-turn
- Watching from the Veranda [The Middle East Entangled]
- Charismatic Communication - Conceptual Entrapment - How Metaphor Governs Our Lives (Part 2)
- Chaos Theory: Bush's Delusions And Iraq's Destiny (Part 3) The Surge Into The Abyss
- With Liberty And Justice For All-Even Republicans
- Tom Cruise is Right?
ArenaNet has let go two Guild Wars 2 devs following a heated Twitter confrontation have 263 words, post on massivelyop.com at July 4, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.