In the market for a full-loot, retro-themed MMO sandbox? Your specific tastes may be satiated by Blossom and Decay, an up-and-coming MMOARPG that will offer crossplay between PC and mobile platforms.
The team is designing the game so that players, not developers, provide the core content: “Instead of scripted quest-lines in the game, players fashion their own narratives through a wide set of social mechanics and external PvE pressure. The world’s story is constantly molded by its citizens. […] Everything is created and arranged by the players wherever they choose, from buildings and roads to respawn-points, quests, goods, trade and the laws of the land. Players will toil to imprint their history in this virgin world.”
In one interesting twist, the game allows for automated offline play in which a person’s character will continue to execute activities by itself.
Currently, Blossom and Decay is enjoying some additional promotion from Square-Enix Collective. The team is lobbying fans to vote for the title to gain support going forward.
- Dutch emergency line goes down in telecoms outage
- Blossom Hill launches GIN FIZZ in lemon and rhubarb flavours
- Urban Decay is launching a brand new Naked Honey Palette
- Review: Blossoms at Edgeley Park Stadium, Stockport
- Car goes over the edge at Scarlett
- It’s Pimty Tare! Misspelled B&M birthday banner goes viral
- Five dead after man goes on shooting rampage in Texas
- Seven dead after man goes on shooting rampage in Texas
- Electric SUV wars hot up as Mercedes £65k EQC model goes on sale
- Ireland’s political leaders cast votes as country goes to polls