It’s year two of Pokemon Go. While there’s always room for improvement, enough has changed that I feel comfortable recommending the game to at least pre-World of Warcraft MMO fans. Why them and not the greater MMO community? Glad you (hopefully) asked! Unlike most true MMOs, POGO is still in its early infancy in terms of in-game community. Much as in early online games, players may be able to have a friend’s list, but not only is basic chat lacking but so is guild/clan support. There’s no party system, which means no group finder, let alone instanced content that lets you join in with little to no effort. Like old school MMOs, POGO players have to use a lot of out of game tools for their communities, but there’s enough going on that fellow Massively OP reporters Brendan Drain and Tina Lauro Pollock have renewed their interest in the game. While Brendan had previously attempted some casual raids, both he and Tina had quit entirely. As the game just had not one but two events this weekend as part of its second year anniversary, we decided to try moving out of our comfort zone and looking at the game’s community from new perspectives. Brendan and Tina tried… Read full this story
- Pokemon Go's Buddy Event Ends Monday, Has Two Rare Region-Exclusive Pokemon
- The best Pokémon games, ranked from best to worst
- Playing The Legend of Zelda 20 years ago taught me life lessons that I'm rediscovering now
- 8 Free Games to Play This Weekend
- If you need to go for a walk … why not wander around a video game?
- The best GBA games of all time
- How I connected with my autistic son through video games
- Fifty apps that are reinventing mobile gaming
- World Cup 2010: England v USA – as it happened
- Sex, poetry, and autobiographical games: Cibele and We Met In May creator Nina Freeman on making the personal playable
Exploring Pokemon Go’s real-life communities: MOP staffers revisit the game from opposite corners of the world have 319 words, post on massivelyop.com at July 13, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.