Ken Sweet, Ap Business Writer Updated 5:12 am PDT, Tuesday, July 17, 2018 Photo: Richard Drew, AP Image 1of/1 CaptionClose Image 1 of 1 FILE – In this Dec. 13, 2016, file photo, the logo for Goldman Sachs appears above a trading post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Goldman Sachs reports earnings Tuesday, July 17, 2018. FILE – In this Dec. 13, 2016, file photo, the logo for Goldman Sachs appears above a trading post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Goldman Sachs reports earnings Tuesday, July 17, 2018. Photo: Richard Drew, AP Goldman Sachs’ 2Q profits jump 44 percent, helped by trading 1 / 1 Back to Gallery NEW YORK (AP) — Goldman Sachs says profits jumped 44 percent in the second quarter compared with a year ago, driven by the investment bank’s core franchises: advising companies on mergers, acquisitions and other deals, and its trading business. The New York-based bank said Tuesday that earnings reached $2.35 billion in the second quarter, up 44 percent from a profit of $1.63 billion from a year earlier. On a per-share basis, Goldman earned $5.98 a share, compared with $3.95 a share a year earlier, beating analysts’ forecasts… Read full this story
- Goldman Sachs says Trump likely to be reelected in close call
- Goldman Sachs beats forecasts despite revenue and profit slump
- Goldman Sachs made 220 million reporting errors over a decade, UK regulator says
- Donald Trump will WIN next election to secure second term in White House, Goldman Sachs predicts
- Goldman Sachs says dragged-out Brexit is doing deeper damage to UK economy
- Goldman Sachs fined record £34m for misreporting trades
- Goldman Sachs has relaxed its dress codes, so what should the modern city boy be wearing?
- Men paid 51% more than women at Goldman Sachs International
- UK economy haemorrhaging £600m a week because of Brexit – Goldman Sachs
- Brexit chaos costs UK economy £600m a week: Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs' 2Q profits jump 44 percent, helped by trading have 300 words, post on www.sfgate.com at July 17, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.