HANOI – Fourteen members of the same family were killed in a car crash in central Vietnam on Monday (Jul 30) en route to a wedding party, including the groom who died instantly when their van hit a container truck, police said. Road accidents are the leading cause of death in Vietnam, where traffic laws are loosely obeyed and road infrastructure is patchy. The victims of Monday’s car crash in Quang Nam were members of an extended family who were heading to the bride’s family home in a neighbouring province, a police officer told AFP. Their 16-seater van collided with a container truck at around 2.30am (3.30am Singapore time), killing 13 people instantly. Another died later in hospital. “All victims’ bodies were brought back to their home for burial. We are treating some of the injured in a local hospital,” the policeman said, requesting anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the press. Local authorities said Monday they were investigating the cause of the deadly crash. Around 8,200 people died in traffic accidents across Vietnam last year, down from about 8,600 the year before. Most of those killed were on motorbikes. Vietnam’s densely packed cities like Hanoi and… Read full this story
- Three killed in north Wales car crash
- 11 killed as migrants smugglers' car crashes
- Dad killed in Christmas Day car crash was "taking a present to his son"
- Middlesbrough engineer was among four killed in Italy after car crash
- Man killed in Co Galway car crash
- Update: Woman killed in Co Galway car crash
- Emotional tributes paid to 'one in a million' teen killed in car crash in Fife
- Woman critically ill after car crash near Dundonald
- Elderly man killed and woman injured in car crash
- Family's heartbreak after girl, 4, killed in car crash on way to seaside break
Groom and 13 others killed in Vietnam wedding party car crash have 305 words, post on www.asiaone.com at July 30, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.