The allure of the collector’s edition has always been a strange one. I remember when it started, of course, when you could get the occasional little gewgaw for pre-ordering a title (I have a cloth map for Final Fantasy VIII that I later defaced due to not liking the game, for example). But then it got a bit out of control with some things, like the collector’s edition for Star Wars: The Old Republic that I couldn’t afford at the time and literally will never be able to get the stuff from. (The fact that I no longer play is, in this case, not the point.) Usually I wind up with the collector’s edition of Final Fantasy XIV expansions simply because I have every single CE and it’s a collection thing, but I acknowledge at this point that I am paying for tradition rather than for the worth of what is contained therein. And when so many “collector’s editions” now contain nothing physical, it’s easy to feel like you’re just throwing more money at pets and mounts you might not want. So are MMO collector’s editions worth it? Or do you think they’re an outdated relic not worth the money?… Read full this story
- Undertale Collectors Edition for Nintendo Switch: Everything you need to know
- $200 Black Ops 4 Collector's Edition revealed at Comic-Con
- Geek Daily Deals: Akira 35th Anniversary Manga Box Set, Terminator 2 Endoarm Collector's Edition and More
- Deep Silver has the ultimate collector's edition for Metro Exodus, but it's not for sale
- I Bought A Video Game’s Collector’s Edition And Have Regrets
- Retro-Bit R-Type and Holy Diver Collector's Editions: Old Games, Old Systems, New Cartridges!
- Fallout 76's $200 edition swaps canvas bag for nylon version, Bethesda offers 500 Atoms as compensation
- Amazon Daily Deals: Amazon Fire HD 10 $100
- Bethesda’s $200 ‘Fallout 76’ collector’s edition isn’t what fans were promised
- Could the 50p in your pocket be worth £5,000? Collectors go wild for these designs
The Daily Grind: Are MMO collector’s editions worth it? have 339 words, post on massivelyop.com at July 1, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.