THERESA May appeared to snub Donald Trump’s offer of a handshake during an awkward moment at today’s NATO summit. In cringe-worthy scenes the US President goes in for a formal greeting, but then Mrs May seems to take her hand away at the last minute. In a clip from the floor of the meeting Mr Trump was left hanging when he went in to greet the Prime Minister. As he moves through the room shaking hands with world leaders, he moves towards Mrs May, who has her hand out. But as the American leader moves his out to meet the PM’s she withdraws it and mushers him in the direction of Jeremy Hunt, the new Foreign Secretary. The PM then places her hand on his back, as she introduces him to the person that has replaced Boris, who Mr Trump called a “friend” just yesterday. The tense first meeting between the pair comes just 24 hours after the US President raised eyebrows with his comments about Brexit, Boris, and Mrs May. Before he boarded the plane to Europe he would only give Mrs May lukewarm support about whether she should remain in Number 10, telling reporters it was up to… Read full this story
- Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin give their spins on Helsinki summit
- Donald Trump calls John Bolton a 'liar' - but fails to deny he lifted sanctions to please China's Xi and demands to see 'he's full of s***' note Pompeo sent about him - as DoJ seeks emergency order to block publication of his book
- Awkward moment Melania Trump 'swerves' a kiss from US President after speech
- Flirtatious Kim Jong-un 'hit on' senior Donald Trump female staffer at summit
- A Weeping Kim Jong Un May Hand Donald Trump an Unexpected Pre-Election Diplomatic Triumph
- Donald Trump ADMITS he downplayed coronavirus after bombshell Bob Woodward tapes reveal he KNEW it was deadly saying he didn't want to 'cause panic' - and claims he was trying to 'show strength in the nation'
- Donald Trump pays tribute to passengers of United flight 93 who 'took charge and changed the course of history forever' by overpowering hijackers before jet reached Washington at ceremony in Shanksville - as Pence and Biden mourn in NYC
- Did Trump Really 'Charm' Merkel?
- How Trump and Biden contrast on foreign policy
- The Damage Already Done by Trump’s Presidency
Theresa May appears to snub Donald Trump’s handshake offer in awkward moment at NATO summit have 385 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 11, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.