The subject of gender imbalance in gaming, especially in professional e-sports, and how to rectify it has been a matter of debate within gaming communities for quite some time. A recent article by GamesIndustry.biz’s Haydn Taylor highlights a paper published by Women in Games that puts the spotlight on the topic, providing suggestions for ways to increase gender diversity in e-sports. Drafted by leaders of women-in-games groups from the UK, France, Germany, and Italy as part of a discussion titled “Increasing female interest and participation in esports careers” held at the inaugural Global Esports Forum organized in conjunction with Intel and e-sport organizer ESL, the paper summarizes the current obstacles inhibiting female participation in e-sports and lays out 12 recommendations for remedying the situation. The post on WomenInGames.org quotes five-time Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive world champion Steph “missharvey” Harvey as saying she believes that the main reason the number of women in e-sports is so low — estimated at about 5% — is that women in gaming are “automatically judged for being different,” citing her own experiences of “extremely graphic” harassment about her gender. Women In Games seeks to eradicate this kind of toxic behavior and promote gender diversity… Read full this story
- Apple reports improving racial and gender diversity among employees
- Tech cos making efforts to improve gender diversity
- 'Paternity leave, flexible working hours, day-care facility can help improve gender-diversity in India Inc'
- New Dino Crisis Game Reportedly Cancelled
- ‘Star Wars’ Open World Game Reportedly Cancelled By Electronic Arts
- Newer IIMs score on gender diversity front
- Mozambique launches Women's Month to promote gender equality
- CNN Changes Report Suggesting A Baby Surviving An Abortion And A Newborn Aren’t The Same
- Report suggests up to 96,000 Aussies could die in coronavirus global pandemic
- ADHD diagnoses increasing in black kids, report suggests
Women In Games report suggests strategies to promote gender diversity in e-sports have 304 words, post on massivelyop.com at July 6, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.