There’s still stuff happening with Fallout 76, even though players aren’t testing it yet. You can at least test things out in your mind now that you know about the game’s progression and PvP plans. Perhaps “testing games in your mind” could be a Perk. Of course, you’ll want to make sure that you have the game on the same platform as your friends, as a lack of crossplay has been confirmed at this point.
But let’s not stop there; let’s catch a few other beta stories, yes?
- Do you want to know when MapleStory 2 is launching? Then you can get excited about the announcement… that there will be an announcement. It hasn’t happened yet. They’re busy preparing to complete the preparation for completion.
- Champion of Titan has arrived, and it’s really hoping that you won’t notice it’s Wild Buster under a different name and publisher after some shadiness around the old one. A quick name change will throw everyone off the track.
- Want to be a developer on an MMO? Orake is begging for someone to take over development on the title, which is… well, it’s not a good sign, but it’s really difficult to figure out how bad of a sign it is due to lack of precedent.
- Gosh, there has to be some good news here. Let’s see how Realm Royale is doing. That should be… oh, look, it’s floundering. This got depressing.
So this is all rather shady, but we promise you that our list below is properly illuminated and trustworthy. We have it all vetted by you fine people! Notice something on there that shouldn’t be? Let us know so we can fix that! And that includes if something skipped phases without us noticing or just went quiet for an extended period of time. We appreciate your notifications.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open betaArcfall: Pre-alphaAshes of Creation: Backer alpha zeroBless Online: Early access open betaBoundless: Early access, launch planned for September 11thCamelot Unchained: Closed betaChildren of Ur: Open alphaCitadel: Forged with Fire: Early accessCrowfall: Backer pre-alphaCube World: Closed alphaDauntless: Open betaDark and Light: Early accessDayZ: Early accessDivergence Online: AlphaDual Universe: Pre-alphaECO: Early accessEdengrad: Early accessEleven: Closed alphaEver, Jane: Open betaFallout 76: Beta in OctoberGloria Victis: Early access on SteamGlobal Adventures: Closed betaJust Survive: Paid early accessLegends of Aria: Closed beta, open beta in JuneLife is Feudal: Early accessLine of Defense: Early access, removed from SteamOccupy White Walls: Closed alpha, coming to SteamOrbusVR: Early accessOsiris: New Dawn: Early accessPantheon: Backer pre-alphaPathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”PixARK: Early accessProject Genom: Closed alphaProject Gorgon: Early access betaRend: Alpha testingSamuTale: Closed alphaStar Citizen: Backer alphaStash: Backer alphaThe Black Death: Early access alphaThe Repopulation: Early access alphaValiance Online: AlphaWild Terra: Steam early accessWorlds Adrift: Early access
- Fallout 76 Devs Detail 2019's Three Content Seasons & Wild Appalachia Release Info
- Betawatch: Fallout 76 enters beta testing
- Betawatch: Fallout 76 starts beta testing in October (July 27, 2018)
- Betawatch: Fallout 76 will start testing at the end of October
- Hurricane Field Program Update – Friday, August 17, 2018, 10 AM ET
- Fallout 76 won’t allow crossplay but is talking up mods and multiplayer
- Betawatch: New World is strutting its stuff (August 31, 2018)
- The MOP Up: Skyforge’s PvP revolution (June 17, 2018)
- Top 5 Things You Need To Know About Fallout 76 #BE3