The Brookhaven Bucks swept the Marietta Patriots in the best-of-three Sunbelt Baseball League Championship Series (August 3-4), to win the first title in team history. Jacob Gassert (LaGrange), Zavier Lushington (Young Harris), Cole Neuber (Georgia Tech) and Lyndon Weaver (Eastern Kentucky) all had multiple hits for the Bucks in the championship clinching game. Pitchers Austin Hunter (Belmot Abbey), Tyler Elkins (Undecided) and Christopher Bergmoser (Chattahoochee Valley Community College) combined to hold the Patriots bats in check in the 11-4 victory. “The guys really put it all together at the end of the season and I’m really proud of them,” said Corey Patterson, the Bucks head coach. Throughout the season, the Bucks were led offensively by: Brenton Sanders (Georgia Tech), .333 average and 6 doubles; Zach Williams (College of Charleston), .328 average; Lushington, .309 average, 8 doubles, 15 RBI and 11 SB; Neuber, .304 average and 9 RBI; John Cable (Georgia), .296 average and 15 RBI; Connor Stutts (Alabama), 8 HR, 25 RBI and 21 R. The Bucks pitching staff led the Sunbelt Baseball League with a 3.21 team ERA. Leading the staff were: Williams, 4-0, 0.98 ERA, 27.1 IP, 30 SO;Bergmoser, 1-0, 2 saves, 1.28 ERA, 21 IP, 21 SO;Jordan… Read full this story
- Dominican Republic Wins World Baseball Classic
- Win the Web Marketing Championships
- Kyle Busch wins Can-Am 500, Championship Four set
- Ross Brawn comments on Sebastian Vettel's British GP win and the world championship fight
- Why didn't lowest scorer win the Michigan PGA Championship?
- Ferrari win ‘good for F1 championship’ – Mercedes boss
- Baldwin Park Boxer Wins Super Light Weight Championship
- Luke Heimlich Signs With Taiwanese Baseball Team, League Kicks Him Out
- McLaren Could Offer F1 Drive To De Vries or Norris, If They Win F2 Title
- Nine Years Later, Latin America's Leagues Keep
Brookhaven Bucks Win Sunbelt Baseball League Championship have 279 words, post on patch.com at August 6, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.