Fashion brand Diesel on Wednesday announced the launch of its latest premium touchscreen smartwatch – the Diesel Full Guard 2.5 – globally, and on Thursday, announced its launch in India. With Diesel’s trademark bold design, key highlights of the Full Guard 2.5 include heart rate tracking, NFC payment capabilities, and GPS tracking. The smartwatch is powered by Google’s Wear OS and is compatible with Android phones as well as Apple’s iPhone. The Diesel Full Guard 2.5 smartwatch has been priced at Rs. 24,495 and will be available in select stores in India starting November 2018.
As is the case with this new Diesel smartwatch, all Wear OS wearables are compatible with Android phones running Android 4.4 and above (excluding Go edition) and iPhone variants running iOS 9.3 and above. The Diesel Full Guard 2.5 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC, and comes with features such as rapid charging, music playback control, customisable watch faces, and smartphone notifications.
The Diesel smartwatch comes with up to 3 ATM water resistance that translates to submersion in about 30 meters depth of water. It also has display dial effects that change based on local weather behaviour. As conditions arise, you will be notified via weather animations that appear on the display, like ice, snow, rain, severe thunderstorm, cloudy, foggy, and humidity.
The Full Guard 2.5 will be made available in four variants: a matte steel case on a black leather strap, a gunmetal steel case on a brown leather strap, a matte black steel case on a black silicone strap, and an all-over gunmetal stainless steel case on a three-link bracelet. Diesel said two customisable watch dials will also be made available: the Neon Flicker dial and the interactive heart rate dial.
Diesel recently announced a partnership with popular DJ and music producer Steve Aoki, who has been signed on as the company’s brand ambassador.
- Mozilla launching $33 Firefox OS smartphones in India
- Apple launches 10,000 apps for Watch OS 2; here’s 4 of them
- Android Wear 2.0 clocks in with smarter smartwatches
- World War II veteran given Viking funeral by U.S. Coast Guard
- Jury in Ronell Wilson case sees video of him resisting prison guards
- Olsen twins' Elizabeth & James to launch signature scent
- Huawei releases new Mate S smartphone and $349 smartwatch
- Smartwatches get smarter, but not quickly enough
- GM introduces world's smallest diesel engine to power the Chevrolet Beat in India
- Google to show off smartwatches, Glass updates, smart home gadgets at San Francisco conference