Tech & Science Google China Internet censorshipGoogle is welcome to return to China—but only if it complies with the censorship regime enforced by the government’s internet regulator, state media reported this week.The post—published by People’s Daily, the official newspaper of the Communist Party—was published online Monday but later mysteriously deleted without warning. The article comes in the wake of the revelation that Google had plans to re-enter the Chinese market by developing a censorship-friendly version of its search engine, as reported by The Intercept last week.A version of the article has been archived online. Links to the op-ed were posted to the People’s Daily Facebook and Twitter accounts but have since been scrubbed for reasons unknown.Google left the Chinese market in 2010. As explained in a blog at the time, it ceased operations after detecting cyberattacks on its networks had originated from China. It complained about attempted surveillance on human rights defenders and internet results being censored.Recommended Slideshows67The Best Pictures Ever Taken in Space47Underwater Photographer of the Year 2018 winners: Stunning sharks, shipwrecks and seahorses51Volcanoes from Space: 50 Breathtaking Astronaut and Satellite Photos FILE PHOTO: A Google sign is seen during the China Digital Entertainment Expo and Conference (ChinaJoy) in Shanghai,… Read full this story
- Internet is Evil Censorship in China
- Media Law and the Rights of Women in India
- Censorship, Political Correctness, China and Online Article Marketing
- Google The New Big Brother
- China 2008 - The Beijing Olympic Games
- Go East, Young Man - Exporting American Lawyers to China
- Sen. Marco Rubio: China wants to completely supplant the US – We can't allow it to hold the world hostage
- Does the Internet Need Regulating?
- The Chinese Internet Crash of 2007
- Reality Revised - How to Change the Past
Google Welcome in China but Must Comply With Censorship: State Media have 289 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 7, 2018. This is cached page on MMOR. If you want remove this page, please contact us.